ICM Bücker Bü-131D "Red 102"

Jan_G

11 hours ago, kensar said:

I see you've added some detail parts - nice touch.

I have the same kit on my bench currently.  Did you find any specific problem areas?

There are few areas Ken. Pls don't get me wrong, I don't want to blame the kit, because I really like all new kits from ICM :)

cockpit - just basic details, the real cockpit was simple as well, few wires will help a lot, fabric seatbelts is must for me, and was not happy with the instrument panel, better to replace with AM

horizontal tail surfaces - you need to play a lot to get the right geometry, these days many manufacturers have simple joints to get great fit easily

wing struts - no WNW simple approach, you have to ceck geometry all the time

You need to create rigging buckles from scratch casue these are quite prominent on real plane. Quickboost has released the set for Bu-131D fixing this already :)

front engine cowling doesn't have any pin mark to  fix it in specific position

Wind shields are out of scale and you need to create new ones from thin transparent film

jan

Superb build Jan, I have to agree with all your comments, I'm at the rigging stage but need to go back a step or two.  I've recently posted lots of pictures in the walk around section of a friend's Jungmann, they should help with details.  I didn't know about the Quickboost rigging boots, must get some of those!

Edited by mozart