Mig-19

jbrundt

Ah...I didn't know the Eduard stuff came with the printed decals as well. I thought it was just PE only.

Its looking really good. I'm amazed <_< is it just me or is the pilots seating postion very upright? I'm not saying it glued together wrong , more reflecting on how the Allied ones seem a little more reclined. By gum this one sure has the tray table in its upright and locked position.

Looking good Jeff

Cheers Matt

Matt,

Considering the vintage of the MiG-19 it's not surprising the seat is so upright. Back then the pilot's seats weren't as reclined as they are today. If you look at pics of similar jet fighters of the era you can notice the same thing. Of course I'm sure the Soviets weren't as concerned with creature comforts for their pilots like the 'decadent' west was. :rolleyes: I just put it together per the kit instructions.

Jeff

• 1 month later...

And yes, I made both of them. Lots of different painting techniques used. They were given several different metallic colors, especially on the hot section. Then each engine was given a black enamel wash.

post-4-1131332308.jpg

I decided I didn't want to leave the engines all covered up in the fuse once they were done and I didn't want to use the provided exhaust covers AND I didn't want to just install one engine and have the other on the stand PLUS leave a gaping hole where the exhaust pipe should be.

So I devised a way to separate the fuse at the join line like thg\e full size aircraft. I used metal pins to help keep things in line. One engine was glued in place and the other is just set in. When the forward and aft fuse sections are joined it's held in place naturally. However, when I want to display an engine I can separate the fuse, take out one engine and put it on its stand. So far it looks OK but we'll see when the model is finally painted.

Jeff

post-4-1131332595.jpg

I haven't really decided yet. This one may be my first NMF so I may lean towards NVAF or a Soviet scheme. That being said I do like the colorful DDR scheme that was to be used at the world aerobatic championships.

Decisions, decisions................

Jeff

I haven't really decided yet. This one may be my first NMF so I may lean towards NVAF or a Soviet scheme. That being said I do like the colorful DDR scheme that was to be used at the world aerobatic championships.

Decisions, decisions................

Jeff

The Cuban AF have some nice camo schemes.

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/R...mer/farmer.html

I always like this one, but wussed out and did an NMF Soviet MiG.

For an active VV-S MiG, you'll need to get seperate bort numbers for the nose--the ones that come with pretty much all the Trumpeter kits are oversized, which indicates a training unit.

Tim W.

Looks great Jeff...they have 2 engines yeah? What you've done on the engines looks fantastic. that Cuban ones looks pretty cool though. Have you got a pic of the DDR one?

Cheers Matt

I'm not Jeff, but I suppose it is this one. :)

That's the one. The only discrepancy is that the DDR Migs to be used for the Aerobatic Championships were 'S' models and mine is the 'PM' version which has the longer nose for the radar unit.

Jeff

• 1 month later...