1/100 Kotobukiya Metal Gear Rex (Battle Damaged) Completed.

danimalmagic

Hi all, I finished it up this morning, it had has some additional lighter filters applied once it was all standing and i have added some other minor details but the guy is happy so i am done. The last picture is both of them together, the customer wanted the battle damaged one more heavily dirtied and weathered. 
All sealed with Tamiya XF-86 Matt. 

Before you ask it is a Mecha model from a PC game called Metal Gear Solid 4, i am no gamer so its a bit out of my wheelhouse. In the game it has been left alone unused in the Arctic for years so it needed to be a little more weathered. The guy i built them both for supplied me digital renderings from the game so i could use those as a guide. 

I am not sure if i would want to build a lot of these kits as they are quite complicated in terms of spraying, it would be easy to build up the parts but then you would have a real problem masking. 

Hey Ho, Here You Go. 
2POJ8qJl.jpg 
KXyLbFyl.jpg 
fLMUKHAl.jpg 
shTbBE5l.jpg 
o917Wyil.jpg 
eRrnSLUl.jpg 
6awQApvl.jpg 
USwENutl.jpg 
PeiYnvkl.jpg 
RF7zbq2l.jpg 
EAHrJoJl.jpg 
QwqnyENl.jpg

Edited by danimalmagic

They both look fantastic!

Having built the undamaged version, I know how complicated the paint job is on them.

Carl

Carl, Have a look at the build WIP, fun with a soldering iron.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47751/message/1504792373/1-100+Kotobukiya+Metal+Gear+Rex+%28Battle+Damaged%29

Danny