Where goes the air hose?

Gazzas

Hi everyone,

I'm building the Master Details 1/32 Pilot with BA-22 parachute (to go inside my Italerei F-104 A/C) and I've chosen the head with visor down and mask on.  I've attached the air hose to the mask, but not seen any obvious place to put the other end.  I have seen lots of pics with pilots and masks, but the hose is either disconnected, or hidden. 

Does it slip under an arm, or to a place on the sidewall of the cockpit?

Thanks for you consideration!

Gaz

Yep, I just looked through a bunch of photos and I can not see where it connects to the aircraft either.  :hmmm:  There is bound to be someone here that has a pic or knows.

Barry

Gary,

Looking forward to seeing your progress on your Italeri F-104 A/C.

Good question. Since I've never put a pilot figure into a aircraft build, I never gave it much thought to where the oxygen attaches to.

Joel

Guys,

Thank you for the replies!  I ended up just tucking it under the right arm after looking at some photos of ejection seat displays with dummy pilots on them.

Joel,

I'm heading to Alaska for the last two weeks of June.  The show I want to place my Starfighter in is in August.  So, I had to get busy.

Gaz

Guys,

Thank you for the replies!  I ended up just tucking it under the right arm after looking at some photos of ejection seat displays with dummy pilots on them.

Joel,

I'm heading to Alaska for the last two weeks of June.  The show I want to place my Starfighter in is in August.  So, I had to get busy.

Gaz

Gary,

Alaska for vacation! Impressive. If I recall, doesn't your parents live there?

Joel

Joel,

yes, my father and his wife retired there.  I hope to spend most of my waking hours fishing.  I'm still putting together the F-102 Delta Dagger I'm building for him.  Hope to start applying the decals next weekend. 

Gaz

Joel,

Thanks! I plan to pack it into an oversized box sandwiched between blocks of memory foam cut in a way that will keep the landing gear and pitot tube touching nothing but air. I'm still undecided whether I'll brace the box to make it Little more crush resistant. Weight can raise shipping costs exponentially, so I'm leaning toward foam only.

Gaz

The oxygen hose and communications, CRU-60 on the F-15 had a connection on the aft of the right consol. I know for sure on the Italian 104s the connection is in the same place as the 15 attached to the front of his harness and tucked under the pilots right arm to the consol. I worked on the Itslian 104 when they transited TA at Lakenheath.

Joel,

Thanks! I plan to pack it into an oversized box sandwiched between blocks of memory foam cut in a way that will keep the landing gear and pitot tube touching nothing but air. I'm still undecided whether I'll brace the box to make it Little more crush resistant. Weight can raise shipping costs exponentially, so I'm leaning toward foam only.

Gaz

Gary,

So your shipping it and not taking on board your flight. That sounds like a very smart decision.  the box will only be x-rayed rather then making you open it up for visual inspection.

Joel 

Guest Airfixer

The oxygen hose and communications, CRU-60 on the F-15 had a connection on the aft of the right consol. I know for sure on the Italian 104s the connection is in the same place as the 15 attached to the front of his harness and tucked under the pilots right arm to the consol. I worked on the Itslian 104 when they transited TA at Lakenheath.

What you're describing is a later mod to the C-2 oxygen system using an intermediate connecting piece:

9yXUcjT.jpg

dQafeZg.jpg

On IQ7A-equipped Italian Zippers, the Personal Equipment Connector (Mask/Mic) was located on the left-hand side of the seat pan of the Martin Baker seat. The same applies to German GQ7A seats.

Q7A seat PEC/Martin Baker Stand OX: http://www.ejectionsite.com/german/gq7a_3.jpg

Edited by Airfixer