Something really big

Guest Vulcan32

Guest Vulcan32

The "kit" has no number and also no "regular" box with box art. Mine is a custom order. As Mirek told me, that they will do a built model for a customer, I asked, if they can do two for me in "kit" form. You should not expect something like their real 1/32 kits, there is a lot to be made by yourself. No etched parts, a simple vacformed canopy without any framing. As I told Mr. Pala, the pattern maker, that I want to build it, he looked at me, smiled and said: "You want to build it, 300 hours minimum."

I like this kind of kits, it´s more modelling than assembling. So I can improve my skills. And I will get something unique.

Mirek told me, that they are preparing a 1/18 Bf-109E as a full kit.

I have already started to make some cut outs and cleaning parts, so soon I can start the WIP thread. 

Thanks for sharing, they make some very good kits.  The 1/32 TA-154 seems to be excellent also.  

When I looked on their site for 1/18th, it seems all the kits in this scale on their site are custom builds in the thousands of dollars.  

Do you know if they sell the FW-190 as a kit? or is it only custom.  

However for something of this size instructions would be needed.  The DVD instructions for the ME-410 were excellent. 

Paul C 

Edited by Paul2660

Guest Vulcan32

I cannot recommend you the Fw-190 in kit form. This is one of their older models. For my Ta-152 I got a lot of Fw-190 parts, which are useless, because of wrong shapes, bad moulds and poor research. Jiri knows this and so he doesn´t want to sell them in kit form. The team, all professionell modellers and pattern makers, can turn them into great models. It´s their day job and they have a lot more possibilities than we have at home.

When I received my Ta-152, I was disappointed, but I took it to their company, we discussed it and they made new parts for me. But this is easy for me, I pack it into the car and go there. Then we talk face to face. I wouldn´t like to do this via email and shipping parts from here to there and back.

Instructions: you should know where all the parts you get are located in the real plane. There are no part numbers, no part listing, you need a lot of reference material. The resin parts for the Ta-152 came in a shoe box.

For the Arado I will get a photo CD made during the assembly of the custom build model. This will be very helpful. As I mentioned already the Arado is miles away from the old models. This one I can recommend to everyone who will start with this kind of modelling. 

Cheers, Heinz