Need to see a new 1:32nd F6F Hellcat and SB2C Helldiver

LSP Dan

I think these two are obvious subjects for Kittyhawk. There was a mention of the Victory in the Pacific Theme a while back, so the Hellcat and Helldiver are obvious contenders. I know I would buy four Hellcats and two Helldivers to zero F11F Tigers.

I would buy two Jaguars, Mirages, Voodoos or Sixes to zero F11F Tigers. I do hope KH move into the 60s-70s jets groove soon.

As for Tamiya, I'm inclined to think Axis is up next. Maybe an Oscar. Hellcat if they continue this series.

Tony

If Tamiya's next release in 1/32 is a 190 or 109 I will eat the plastic in the kit and post pics right here. Won't happen. The FW would be ridiculous with ZM about to drop a whole line and the 109 just isn't complex enough to do what they've done with the other stuff.

Their 1/32 releases, in my mind, have been foreshadowed in their 1/48 kits and if I were betting money I'd put an equally large chunk of change on a Mosquito, 262, and P-47 equally. I believe the Thunderbolt is the most logical of the three, but if it's a 262 you heard it here first. I don't know why of all the things people speculate about it's never mentioned, but logic would say it's going to be German, and if you look down at 1/48 then a 262 makes total sense.

I could definitely see a 262. Trumpeter's is pretty good but there's still plenty of room for Tamiya to outdo them.

I can see how Tamiya might improve on the Trumpy Schwalbe (more authentic wheel well under the cockpit, losing the ugly tabs and adding more detail, no airframe fastener holes and having better fitting Jumos in the pods), but not enough to justify 3X the price, surely ? I suppose they could throw in that motorcycle/rotorvator tug.

Tony

I can see how Tamiya might improve on the Trumpy Schwalbe (more authentic wheel well under the cockpit, losing the ugly tabs and adding more detail, no airframe fastener holes and having better fitting Jumos in the pods), but not enough to justify 3X the price, surely ? I suppose they could throw in that motorcycle/rotorvator tug.

Tony

Trumpeter's 262s MSRP for around $95 and street for generally around $65...don't really see any way Tamiya would be charging $195 to $300 for a 262...

Agreed with the 109. It's a simple airplane and not enough stuff going on to justify the Tamiya makeover.

The 190 would be business suicide, IMHO, with ZM coming onboard and Revell dropping a new one in play.

I could see a P-47, and I'd be happy as a clam with that. A P-40 would be awesome, as would a P-39, but I think the next release will be a Japanese fighter, which is great news as well.

I heard rumors way back around the Corsair's release that the next would be an early P-40. Don't know about that, though...Tamiya's shown exactly zero love to the P-40 over the years and all their big 1/32 kits have had 1/48 counterparts. Well - not exact counterparts in the case of the Spitfires, but close enough.

Trumpeter's 262s MSRP for around $95 and street for generally around $65...don't really see any way Tamiya would be charging $195 to $300 for a 262...

Street for a 262 A-1a is about £45 in the UK. I can easily see a Tamiya 1/32 version retailing for £125, albeit that takes it into the realm of free postage so maybe 2.5X

Personally, I'd like to see Tamiya do some twins like the Bristol Beaufighter, though HK Models are more likely.

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

If Tamiya does a Battle of Britain 109, then might they release an early Spit or Hurrricane as a companion model? How much of the existing Tamiya Spitfire parts could be reused or only slightly modified into a Mark I or II to amortize the investment in new tooling? Would the Hurricane be a good enough seller? Given how PCM did with theirs' I tend to think so. Then, branch out into later versions.

Just typing out loud. I'd love to see a Battle of Britain single engined fighter trifecta.

Bob