Dragon/DML/PANDA models UH-1H Update 9/4/14

LSP_Paul

Loic,

I would really like to add a "few" figures I have found online, its a matter of $ and time. We will have to see what develops toward December. The Helo comes with 4 crew members, so it wont be empty at least.

All the best to you and your Build My Friend. :)

Paul 

Well, I had a little time to start tearing things apart to rebuild them.

Why you ask?  Because to me the rotor's, the hub, the rotor shaft and all of it's various details are overly simplified and way over scale  on the model.

DSC00919_zps2e19c735.jpg

DSC00908_zpsf7b5b3a1.jpg

I started off by cutting off the blades from the rotor arms and started to rough out new more correct shapes using brass rod, styrene rod, and strip plastic and some milliput and Mr Surfacer. 

DSC00910_zps4f8dcb5e.jpg

DSC00917_zpsf82d690f.jpg

DSC00918_zpsf8efeabe.jpg

DSC00912_zps632901d8.jpg

More in next post below

I had/have a lot of little holes to fill in the fuselage, they include parts for all the versions of the Huey on the moldings, so make sure you know what holes shouldn't be there and fill and sand them out. I also had to fill a rather large rectangular pattern series of gaps around the inaccurately included tail boom "cargo door".

10c52bd8-1ac4-4674-aee1-e5d460df32c7_zps

I also refined the IP by cutting out the kit parts main surface and test fit it. Notice the two holes in the main windscreen.. Those were" thoughtfully" included as mounting points for pins in the wiper blades...Definitely a head scratcher.. I'm hoping to be able to heat and smash a new windscreen, well see how that turns out.

DSC00906_zps25013993.jpg

Keep in mind this  is all still in its rough forms, just to prove things out until i can refine the details.

Hopefully it will be worth the trouble when I'm done.

Thanks for looking in on my build.

Paul 

Very nice work  ;)

I dunno Loic, this may be one that no matter how much love I try and create, it just looks like a big pile of Yuk!   :rofl:   On the up side, if it doesn't go as planned, Martin is sending me a different version of the Huey from MRC. It's a MUCH better kit and I'll just pull this one out of the line up and see if I cant get that one built by December.

Thanks for the kind words and looking in on my build my friend,

Paul 

MCR Huey is on it's way, apologies for the delay Paul.

I was thinking about filling of those wiper blades holes with epoxy and then just sand and polish to oblivion.

M.

Thanks martin. we are on a trip for work at the moment. Talk soon

Paul