Dragon/DML/PANDA models UH-1H Update 9/4/14

LSP_Paul

I was just being a brat, you don't have to do it.

I will happily do it bro.. AIM still gettin th ehang of casting wheels but if i didnt succeed for some reason I can send them back undamaged or possibly even to Harold if its something he'd want to add to his AMS resin range  if you guys worked that out.

Paul 

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

Thanks Martin!  I managed to get almost all of the over sized and improperly located and spaced rivets removed on the kit last night. I still have to remove them from one fuselage half and the horizontal stabilizers. I did manage to  tape the model together minus the interior to see if it's going to pass muster (before I spend a lot of time trying to modify things) and it looks pretty good! The main challenge is going to be scratch building  the transmission, rotor mast. modifying the rotor head and scratch building or enlarging the tail rotor. I have all of the FM's for the Huey and have great pics and illustrations of where everything goes, so this should be fun. The Plan for the Rivets is to replace them with Rivet Decals from Micro mark, everything else will have to be scratch built. 

Here are some quick snaps to show what it looks like at this stage. Im using a spare bolt assembly for an AR to add weight at this stage, it's what I had handy. :rofl:  

DSC00889_zps36891f14.jpg

DSC00886_zpse35c816f.jpg

DSC00887_zps39f6be34.jpg

Thanks for looking in on my build.

Paul 

3_23_zpsc586ad2b.jpg

Don't Worry Martin Jack and Ernie and Harv and I all talk on the phone regularly I talk to Jack at least 3 days a week. Ernie ( Clunkmeister) runs a 1-800 midget phone sex line out of his basement, so reaching him costs 99 cents a minute, and Harv works nights so you have to call him when he just gets home or right after he wakes up.

Sometimes I reach Jack on the phone before the airplane glue has him seeing purple flying elephants, sometimes not.

We are all friends. 

Paul