Yep another 1/32 Tamiya F-16. Misawa AFB

MrPRRose

Thanks Tom I probably should have mixed in a little future.. would help with durability! Either way I like the way the Tamiya acrylic goes down when thinned with their Lacquer thinner (yellow cap), I thin 50/50 by weight not volume as its easy to do consistently on a micro jewellery scale. Thanks again!

Jake, wow, so you've flown with them!!! You're an extremely fortunate man :) I'm enjoying your book so much, what a great resource. I take it around to cafe's and peruse in my free time - getting weird looks from all those reading fiction novels haha. Thanks again Jake :)

Hi Jake I'm wondering if its possible to purchase your other book - Building the scale Viper? I've heard amazing things about it but it seems kind of impossible to get hold of it!

Thanks in advance :)

FunkyZeit..I hear you mate re posting some more progress! So what's holding me up is that I am ready to glue the intake inner and outer housing to the fuselage lower half, only thing is that I need to pre-paint the upper area of the intake parts since they will be pretty much impossible to paint once assembled.

For the life of me I can't find a suitable grey - I've tried the Mr.Colour FS36270 as is documented everywhere but its far too dark and really too blue!

FunkyZeit what grey did you use for your barak '16 underside? It looks perfect - I must have it!IMG_20140811_201036_zpsm6erizxr.jpg

P.s. I know the nose-cone is not always the same colour as the underside, but the photo is from Jakes book and it is pretty much what I'm after for the underside and top forward section. Any help greatly appreciated!

Hey sir,

Greys used are :

Base - Xtracrylics Dark Compass Grey

Post - Xtracrylics Light Compass Grey

Variation weathering - Tamiya Royal Light Grey XF-80

The compass greys also have a blue to them but after the variations and gloss/clear/wash etc, they grey right out. If you'd like I can post some better pics of the belly on your post here.

Quick note, if you preshade then you will most likely be able to skip the dark compass.

Justin

Edited by FunkyZeit

Hi Jake I'm wondering if its possible to purchase your other book - Building the scale Viper? I've heard amazing things about it but it seems kind of impossible to get hold of it!

Thanks in advance :)

Sorry, but it's long-since sold out.  I'm not aware of any for sale anywhere.

Jake

Thankyou Justin some photos of the belly would be brilliant! Thanks hugely for the paint details too, I will track down some compass grey and get it done so I can move on :)

Thankyou also Jake no worries I shall forever be keeping an eye out for a copy of your book (beg/borrow/steal) :)

I did some experimental painting this afternoon, the piece on the left is the Alclad II grey microfiller primer which I first thought I might use as my final light grey - but it really looks far too blue. So the piece on the right is sprayed with Mr.Hobby aqueous 306 which is FS36270, too dark so I've ordered some Mr.Color FS36375 which mentioned in quite a few places on the net as being the 'right' F-16 light grey..here's hoping!

Screenshot_2014-08-12-18-07-55_zpsthaen7