Trumpeter Stuka correction set

brian-f

Hi Simon,

I can see what you are getting at with your photo, the little indent at the edge close to the side of the flap. I had been looking for something that made the part completly wrong, not something that can be changed in about 15 seconds with a small round file.

I can alter a pattern for the next batch of castings to include a flap with the little indents for anyone that wants that version. I disagree with you about engines built to a low tolerence being more suseptable to heat/cold but perhaps it's best to agree to disagree on this.

On the inlet/outlet proportion size, I was going from research done a few years ago when I was designing and building a cooling setup for an up-engined light aircraft which had overheating problems. The corrct proportions are pretty well impossible to get but act as a guide. The redesigned cowl worked very well as it happens. You may well be correct when you say that the common photos that show the flap without the little indents could be B1's that have been brought up to B2 standard but as these out numbered the aircraft built as a B2, I think that I have covered the most common ones with the resin part as it is. As I mentioned, I will include a second cowl flap with the next batch of castings and if anyone who has already bought the set wants the extra flap rather than putting the two little indents at the rear of the flap, I will post the new one to them.

Every one happy now?

Cheers,

Brian.

Edited by LSP_Kevin

... I think that I have covered the most common ones with the resin part as it is. As I mentioned, I will include a second cowl flap with the next batch of castings and if anyone who has already bought the set wants the extra flap rather than putting the two little indents at the rear of the flap, I will post the new one to them ...

Brian ...

I wanted to say 'congrats' on a job well thought out and well done ... I might actually go out and buy the kit now - knowing that I can fix it up! :D

Since the so called 'error' (if it really is one?) in question can be remedied with a 'small round knife' as you say ... why not just make that as an addendum to any current instructions you have made (with pics to illustrate)?

That seems to me to be the easiest, quickest, most cost effective solution going! After all, if someone can't make this teeny little adjustment, should they really be working the hobby anyway?

Just my thoughts!

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

Guest KingK_series

Hi Simon,

I can see what you are getting at with your photo,

You may well be correct when you say that the common photos that show the flap without the little indents could be B1's that have been brought up to B2 standard but as these out numbered the aircraft built as a B2, I think that I have covered the most common ones with the resin part as it is.

Cheers,

Brian.

- Brian

I have 27 books and the manuals, - say on average one photo a page thats probably 6000- 8000 Stuka photos

lets say just 1/3 of those are Bs - thats 2000-2300 pics of Ju87Bs

letssay just half are B2s - thats still 1000 pics

and I can't find any that show a oil cooler flap that is different to the link I have shown on a B2.

my apologies - I really do not want to upset anything or anyone -

but for my own research's sake, never mind your kit or what anyone else thinks about it, As I asked before I'd really love to see any pics you have of flaps that are a different shape on a B2. - please ??

For my part I apologise again for my shortfall with pics - I will do my utmost to get the the Apple store this week and post up a host of pics that I have used for my research - promise!

thankyou and with respect for all your work, and for all Trumpy Ju87 builds before, now and in the future...

simon

Edited by KingK_series

• 2 weeks later...