Best Fw190A/D reference books?

Gene Onacko Jr.

Hey everybody!

What are the best reference books available for detailing these critters? Line drawings? Etc...

I have "Fw190 in Action" and the two "Walk Around" books. Are there any others? How 'bout the titles from Kangero? Any good Japanese references?

Hey Jerry Crandall! Can I raid yer library? LOL! By the way, it was a pleasure speaking with you the other day. I will take you up on your invitation once winter leaves Montana. ;)

Thanks in advance for all your responses to my question!

Gene in @^%@^ COLD Billings, Montana B)

Gene:

I can't comment on the Kagero books on the A (yet!), however I do like their Dora book. Plenty of drawings and a number of new photographs from Jim Crow. Also, A nice decal sheet is included with the title. Don't forget to consider the Aero Detail series. They have a book on the 190A and D as well. Nice walkarounds of museum aircraft as well as profiles, photos, sketches and text that explain the features associated with each sub type. This series is really good for those looking to add detials to their kits. Eagle Editions has a couple of books on the Dora. I'm not sure about availabilty. Look for Yellow 13 and Doras of the Galland Circus. Many Dora fans are waiting for the JaPo book on the D-9, and of course Jerry Crandall is also working on a Dora book.

HTH

Mark Proulx

In practice, it depends on what you want:

unit history, scale plans, walkaround pictures, etc. etc.

With regard to the dora D9, the current best book for a modeller is very probably the modeller's eye book available from HLJ & Rainbow ten:

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?MDGME04

This is still the only walkaround book made after the D9 & D13 were swapped!

For the Anton, the Aero detail is really a good reference and will prefectly compliment the squadron walkaround.

Kagero books are excellent but focus on text, wartime pics and scale plans.

Hope this helps!

post-2-1105961081_thumb.jpg

The references mentioned are all good, but the three most complete for the A model, the D, and the Ta-152 are the two by Model-Art, numbers 316 (A, F and G) and 336 (D and Ta), and Peter Rodeike's Focke Wulf Jadgfluzeug which covers the A, D and 152. All these are still available.

The Model-Art books are a modeler's delight as they have 3-v drawings and details of all the variants along with sketches, photos and even cuts from original manuals that show details. Rodeike's is a straightforward listing of all the types, who made them and when along with a listing of WNr groups. The photos are the best collection around--most never having been seen in publication before.