Tamiya Corsair " VMF 214 "

DMurph

Jeff,

I started this as if I had been painting the real deal, with the primer salmon color. after that Vallejo white here I went to work in a random light spray pattern, keep it light you want to simulate paint that has been sand blasted by coral runways, not a chip affect.

Darker in some spots with the white, I then gave it a wash with raw umber, black mix of enamel. Not a full wash just areas of it make sure to simulate hydraulic leaks from the actuators dripping down. Finally some paint chipping around the door latch hooks and maybe the edges.

Cheers Murph...

Edited by DMurph

Once again a late night build, Work continues on the Corsair with the completion of the wheel wells. This old bird is a worn torn Marine fighter so here is the wheel wells painted and weathered. I think you see where I'm going with this fighter.

IMG_7257_640.jpg

IMG_7259_640.jpg

IMG_7258_640.jpg

IMG_7260_640.jpg

Hope you like it, I know I do!

Cheers Murph...

I think it's excellently executed. Maybe some exposed aluminum.

Sincerely,

Mark

Mark I think you are right I have a couple more parts to add then I'll add a bit of dry brushed aluminum on the edges.

Once again a late night build, Work continues on the Corsair with the completion of the wheel wells. This old bird is a worn torn Marine fighter so here is the wheel wells painted and weathered. I think you see where I'm going with this fighter.

IMG_7257_640.jpg

IMG_7259_640.jpg

IMG_7258_640.jpg

IMG_7260_640.jpg

Hope you like it, I know I do!

Cheers Murph...

Murph, are the gear doors just shown in place for illustrative purposes? Tamiya has got some weird steps in terms of systems integration and i can see some assemblies really getting in the way of a uncomplicated painting process.

But the wheel wells look great!

-d-

Guest Nigelr32

I am lovin your weather there Murph!!

Please tell us all how you do your scratches.

Just my opinion... I think you should show more Pink (Ooooh Missus!!) on the raised ribs at the roof of the wheel well?

Is the panel on the inboard side of the well depicting rust? It looks incredible!!

I am lovin your weather there Murph!!Please tell us all how you do your scratches.Just my opinion... I think you should show more Pink (Ooooh Missus!!) on the raised ribs at the roof of the wheel well?Is the panel on the inboard side of the well depicting rust? It looks incredible!!

Nigel,

The scratches are just that after I painted on the white I use a point of my knife to add them be careful and go very lite so you don't go through the primer color. Do this before the wash that way the wash accents it. The panel on the inboard side is a fabric cover the pic doesn't show it well it will have to get some more fade in on it.

Cheers Murph...