FW190 landing gear query.

JRutman

Can anyone direct me to or post a good,clear picc of the oleo scissors on the 190? I have a lot of pics but none from the side and up close and personal. The 1/24 scale version I am working on requires a higher level of detail than the version I used to sell in 1/32 scale. TIA,
J

J

Well my friend,it doesn't get any better than this!! Wooohooo! Perfect. Answered all of my queries. Don't suppose you have some of the same quality of the landing gear covers? I have to modify the kit ones to be shorter as my landing gear will be shorter. I know the bottom pice is attached to the triangle piece and both slide on the upper piece on pressed metal slides but I am still unsure of exactly how they look. Nice to finally get a good look at how the bottom piece attaches to the bottom of the landing gear. I always thought those pieces were welded to the bottom strut and were flat but they have a lot of shape!

J

J

I'm a bit late on that one...

(very nice pix D.B. BTW! Thank's!!! - I was looking for something for the wheel wells riveting too... really cool !!! :thumbsup: )

Just in case of, Jerry, I found a lot of useful things on the public access of “White 1” Foundation site :

http://www.white1foundation.org/

here what I had for the scissors : http://www.white1foundation.org/parts/landinggear4.jpg

;)

(PS. 'keep a very interested eye on these parts ! :lol: )

I'm a bit late on that one...

(very nice pix D.B. BTW! Thank's!!! - I was looking for something for the wheel wells riveting too... really cool !!! :thumbsup: )

Just in case of, Jerry, I found a lot of useful things on the public access of “White 1” Foundation site :

http://www.white1foundation.org/

here what I had for the scissors : http://www.white1foundation.org/parts/landinggear4.jpg

;)

(PS. 'keep a very interested eye on these parts ! :lol: )

Yes brother! I already had the pic of the seperate parts for the gear. I found some more cool stuff on the website,thanks. That ammo bin I thought was all alum was in fact "pressboard" with alum sides and top! Maybe they made some all alum?

I think you will like what I did with the scissors and landing gear. The thing with these restorations is,you have to keep in mind which mark of the 190 they are working with,as there were subtle differences.

J

J

The thing with these restorations is,you have to keep in mind which mark of the 190 they are working with,as there were subtle differences.

Jerry

The photos are of an FW 190A-8, W.Nr 170 393 on exhibit at the Luftfahrt-Museum, Hannover-Laatzen, Germany.

The museum also has a Bf 109G-2 and F-104G on display.

Cheers,

D.B.

Jerry

The photos are of an FW 190A-8, W.Nr 170 393 on exhibit at the Luftfahrt-Museum, Hannover-Laatzen, Germany.

The museum also has a Bf 109G-2 and F-104G on display.

Cheers,

D.B.

Thanks man. Would you happen to know what that piece is for that has a hole in it? It is bolted to the leg right next to the blue capped pressure filler point.

OK,thanks! Excellent. It's so nice to work in this big scale. A lot easier on my eyes but there is more detail to be seen! Anyone know if the top part of the gear doors slid on the inside track or outside track when moving up and down?

J

J

Anyone know if the top part of the gear doors slid on the inside track or outside track when moving up and down?

Jerry,

The upper section of the gear door was fixed to the strut and the bottom section traveled up and down, on the outside of the upper door, with the oleo.

HTH,

D.B.