P-51D 506FG / 458th FS Better late then never I hope!

LSP_Paul

Excellent !! Beautiful work in the cockpit and wheel wells - Respect !

Paint job looks smooth and I cannot wait to see it with some panel variation.

Thomas, thank you for checking in on my build,

The wheel wells I think were my excuse to use up the rest of my tiny plastic rod so I could get fresh stuff for an upcomming scratch built / vac model I hopefully will start next year.

As I mentioned to Peter, once my good airbrush's are "home" I'll do more on the paint on this one.

All the best to you and your builds too!

Paul

Guest Peterpools

Paul

That would drive me nuts having to wait when I'm ready to rock and roll (paint of course). At least you have the rigging to keep you busy in for countless hours! :frantic:

Keep 'em coming

Peter :popcorn: :popcorn:

Hey Paul, I had to leave early Saturday in order to get to my gandson's birth day party. Will continue to look in on your builds. Did your girlfriend finish her 163 , looked like it was progressing nicely. Any way , will try to catch up with you at anoter time.

Blessings, Chuck

Chuck,

We got there at about noon and stayed until 1400, I was really hoping to meet you, oh well I guess another time.

In my two hours of waiting of course I had to "force" :innocent: myself to peruse the tables and then Teresa "forced" :fight: me to buy a couple of "screamin deals" :frantic: from some folks, so between you and her now I am "stuck" with a couple more models!

Darn I hate when that happens dont you? :rofl:

All the best,

Paul

Edited by av8shunmodels

Hey Paul, yes I know what you mean about being " forced " into bying another kit,I resisted the scream'in deals at the swapmeet, but the very next day I was"forced" to buy the new Revell He 219 at Eugene Toy and Hobby. Now I,m going to be "forced" into buying a boat load of stuff to build a dio I have in mind ( figures ,ground support,ect ). Oh well, the more "stuff" in the stash the longer I have to stay alive to build them all. LOL

Hope that Teresa "forced" you to buy at least one for her to build : as I remember she's a pretty good builder. I wish my wife was a builder ( wait, what am I saying ,she would mess up my studio bench ). I am working with her new found interest in shooting which is a good thing.

Well, will try to make contact again . Are you plannig to go to Evergreen in Sept ?

blessings, Chuck

Hey Paul, yes I know what you mean about being " forced " into bying another kit,I resisted the scream'in deals at the swapmeet, but the very next day I was"forced" to buy the new Revell He 219 at Eugene Toy and Hobby. Now I,m going to be "forced" into buying a boat load of stuff to build a dio I have in mind ( figures ,ground support,ect ). Oh well, the more "stuff" in the stash the longer I have to stay alive to build them all. LOL

Hope that Teresa "forced" you to buy at least one for her to build : as I remember she's a pretty good builder. I wish my wife was a builder ( wait, what am I saying ,she would mess up my studio bench ). I am working with her new found interest in shooting which is a good thing.

Well, will try to make contact again . Are you plannig to go to Evergreen in Sept ?

blessings, Chuck

Chuck, as a matter of fact, Teresa "forced" herself to pick up a new kit as well . Im sure I'll hit Evergreen before Sept just to go play in the spruce goose with the grand kids again. But as far as the contest? Well see. Depends on how much Im able to get done on a few " big " projects I have planned for next year. As far as shooting, if you wanted to come down to the Eugene Area, we could shoot at the Emerald Valley Gun Club if you want? Teresa groups my M1A at about 1/4 inch @ 150 yds, Im wondering if I should'nt have taught her to shoot LOL

All the best,

Paul

Well I couldnt wait for my rebuilt/ tuned etc airbrushes to get here, so I went ahead and masked and shot some various Alclad II with my pasche VL . I used Airframe Aluminum, Polished Aluminum, and Duraluminum, and Aluminum. and my own mix to simulate the stainless steel exaust covers. I have the contrast in the pictures adjusted much higer to show the various panels, in reality the contrasts are much more subtle. Also, the really shiney parts are showing a bit of yellow, that's from the lighting. as shown before, the wings were filled as appropriate and shot with Floquil old silver. the whole thing will eventually get a satin coat to tone it all down, then I will mask and shoot the OD glare panel and tail stripes ( yeah thats gonna be fun ) :mental: Then I have to do the rest of the markings and details, then weathering.

More soon,

P-51DBuild007.jpg

P-51DBuild005.jpg

Thanks for looking in on my project,

Paul

Edited by av8shunmodels

Absolutely stunning clothes on that mustang!

Cheers,

Tom

Thank you Tom, It's almost to bad I cant leave it all shiney, but I am building her as she appears in the pics on Iwo, and they just didnt have time to buff them out to a polish I guess. I still think its going to be pretty lookin with the diagonal blue striped tail though :)

All the best to you and your builds, and check back soon for more updates, we are getting closer to done now finally!

Paul

Coming along nicely Paul! Cross your fingers when removing the masking. I always get a little nervous then! LOL

John

Thanks John for the kind words! I'll be doing the stripes with Tamiya Tape as the masks, and the various Alclads are rock hard now, I've still been extra careful though. I'm just a little worried about paint bleeding under but I think I'll be ok. The silver will be sealed first and I'll burnish the tape down carefully so if there is a boo boo, I should be able to fix it pretty easily.

All the best to you and your builds,

Paul

:thumbsup: Niccceee!!! :thumbsup:

Thank you for loking in and the compliment Lou. It's not quite as interesting as your racer, but I wanted to model a typical Iwo mustang, and so far thats what I've got :) If all goes well, I should have this one wrapped up soon.

Paul

Very nice, careful masking as John says

Ron

Thank you Ron for checking in on my Mustang build, I need to get this one finished up so I can have an excuse to get another WnW kit for the Jan Group build. :rolleyes: I mean I should have at least 5 projects going at all times right? :rofl:

Anyway, about the masking, I'm taking every reasonable precaution I can I think of. I just need to go slow and lay it out according to the book I have that shows all sides. Keep checking in for progress, I'm with this one to the finish.

Paul

Well I couldnt wait for my rebuilt/ tuned etc airbrushes to get here, so I went ahead and masked and shot some various Alclad II with my pasche VL . I used Airframe Aluminum, Polished Aluminum, and Duraluminum, and Aluminum. and my own mix to simulate the stainless steel exaust covers. I have the contrast in the pictures adjusted much higer to show the various panels, in reality the contrasts are much more subtle. Also, the really shiney parts are showing a bit of yellow, that's from the lighting. as shown before, the wings were filled as appropriate and shot with Floquil old silver. the whole thing will eventually get a satin coat to tone it all down, then I will mask and shoot the OD glare panel and tail stripes ( yeah thats gonna be fun ) :mental: Then I have to do the rest of the markings and details, then weathering.

More soon,

P-51DBuild007.jpg

P-51DBuild005.jpg

Thanks for looking in on my project,

Paul

WOW ! Shinney. Great job on the paint. She's looking spiffy..............Harv :popcorn: