Henschel Hs-129 1/48

scvrobeson

Matt

Nice progress on the Henschel. It sure looks like the kit has been fighting you each step of the way but she sure looks good with the wings and tail-feathers in place.Totally agree - love the fuel tank. Keep 'em coming.

Peter

Thanks Peter. Not really fighting me, just work to get all of the after-market stuff installed. But I knew that going in that there would be work. i've never added any aftermarket, and not had it cause at least one headache, besides the Ju-88. Because it was just the seats, they just replaced the kit items.

I'm glad you like the fuel tank, that is my favorite part. It still needs some more weathering, in terms of oil and fuel staining, but that won't come until later.

Thanks for reading in. You're great to always check out my builds.

Matt :party0023:

Looks good, I've built this kit too and it is a nice one. I can see you have a bit of a gap on the top of the fuselage, have you test fitted the canopy at all to see if this is going to cause an issue there? As I remember, the canopy is a pretty tight fit over the fuselage if you are going to pose it open.

Thanks very much Brad! Actually, I don't plan to have the canopy on the plane. Since the fuel tank inspection and access hatch has been removed, I would assume that the canopy would be removed as well for maintenance. I don't have any definitive pictures of the area, but it seems to make sense. The CMK set does also come with a vac-form canopy, so I could also try and fit that on at the end.

It is a very nice kit. I think if I hadn't added the after-market, and weren't so busy with school, I could have knocked the build out in a week or two. Just a simple scheme, nice detail, and nice fit. Classic Hasegawa stuff

Thanks for reading in. I will hope to get some more updates going on this soon, I do want to get this plane finished up.

Looks like you're doing a swell job of this. Ought to look really cool when finished. I'll keep eyeballing.

Thank you Kevin! I'm having a great time with it, the kit and aftermarket are nice. The winter scheme should be fun to do, since I'll be borrowing a ton of armor painting techniques, like the hairspray stuff, oil filters, mud and snow, stuff like that to really make this thing look like a hard-used Eastern Front fighter. I know these planes didn't have a very long shelf-life in the field, but in combat, they were flown constantly; and often without much care given to routine maintenance or cleaning. They just would be re-fueled and re-armed, then sent back out into the field.

Thanks for reading in. I hope that you continue to enjoy the build as it continues. Do you have any plans to get back to your big U-Boat build? I was really enjoying watching that come together.

Do you have any plans to get back to your big U-Boat build? I was really enjoying watching that come together.

Oh yes, this winter will lots more getting done on that project, or at least that's the plan.