Heinkel He 111P-2

Iain

Tonight I have been sorting the decals.

Plan is to do standard scheme - add most of the standard airframe decals and the KG55 crests - then add the areas of black/black distemper (mimicking the original process...)

Once that's done I need very non-standard crosses and aircraft letter in white for the fuselage as shown in the earlier photo.

Have designed in CorelDraw - checked sizes (see below) - and will print out shortly in white onto decal film using my Alps printer. I've cross-hatched the centre of the 'E' and will distress this hatching once she's on the model (Alps prints with a layer of wax for the colour - so you can scrape/distress after application...

Looks about right size-wise now:

re2005481.JPG

re2005476.JPG

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

Cheers Harvey :)

Have been pondering on the hatching in the 'E' - am going to remove that and re-instate using a white pencil once the decal applied and matted over with varnish.

Busy evening tonight methinks :blink:

Iain

Flying visit - those that have PM'd me will get answers as soon as I have a mo - deadlines and all that! ;)

OK - base camouflage is on - lightened/faded colours all-round. Note the 'fresher' paint on the tail covering up the original red band/swastika - as seen on a lot of P-2s :)

One coat of Quick Shine and now waiting for that to harden off before I micromesh the surface and apply the base decals...

re2005482.JPG

re2005483.JPG

re2005484.JPG

Iain