Me 262 Stormbird

martin.bavaria

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Martin,

Awesome work :speak_cool: , like what you have done so far . Just ordered a Me 262 after seeing how great they look . Thinking of doing V056 for my build .

Willi

Hi Willi,

the V056 is a great looking a/c! Looking forward to see a "WIP" here on the board... :innocent:

But why no update on my stormbird?!? It seems this kit should be a longterm project. But as often, when expecting nothing special, just some last tune ups before priming, there's the a little gremlin looking at the airplane! :BANGHEAD2:

Here's the report of my "little" mishap (I'll post an evidence picture...): Almost everything done, just prepare the canopy parts (future dipping and stuff) when I noticed there's a handle on the inside for pilot (closing the middle clear part of the canopy) which is represented with poor detail on Trumpy's. Ok, so remove the parts molded on and scratch something. Then it happened, with using too much pressure I got a crack in the canopy part. :deadhorse:

But no worries, the spare parts are on their way!

So, more to come! And thanks for looking in...

Cheers,

Martin

Hi Martin ,

Just like me :) Still waiting for my clear parts from Revell for my Arado . No more cleaning clear parts at the bath room sink ! Hope to see an up date soon .

Willi

P.S next years projects so far .

Me262 V056

Finish Gloster Gladiator

FW 190C V-18 or V32

Edited by miamiangler

• 1 year later...

Just came by this searching ...Martin, this is outstanding , exemplary work ..

Just very good to read through.NICE work.

:)

Thanks Maru...

And hi guys,

I'm back on the bench with still the old projects... Been very busy the last months / years besides the bench! Had to sort some things out!

More to come (hopefully... :innocent: )

Cheers,

Martin

Erm ... I can't quite work out how I've missed this. It's really quite brilliant you know.

This is a bird I'm starting to be quite fond of so it's a joy to see your build which is definitely reinforcing this newly gained appreciation of the Me-262 for me.

Thanks for posting this WIP - its hugely enjoyable and I'm looking forward to seeing more - especially the paint job which should highlight the dimpling of the skin - I'm dying to see how this turns out - never seen it attempted before.

Grant

Hi Grant,

thanks for the compliments... I hope to get the work started asap!

But for now I'm getting to know again why I've got stuck on this built. But nothing too serious. And thanks to Thomas Lund one of the issues is (long time) sorted out!

And hey guys, look yourself... I added some weight to the nose of this lady and what's the "Thank you"?!? She lifts her nose, not to say "tail sitter".

P002_zps34b2e0a0.jpg

And now once again "A great thanks" to Thomas, who sent me a spare clear part for the cockpit, as I cracked mine with my clumsy hands.

P001_zps0e04dec6.jpg

That's all for now but still more to come!

• 4 months later...

Hey Martin,

The Luftwaffe need there ME-262 ASAP, or they loose the war because off you, just kidding. Very nice build, but I want to see more. I have a ME-262 ready to go, with Big Eduard and Aires set. I will do Schenke's plane as I like the greys and not the greens. So any update soon?

Really want to see some progress done, although I know life gets in the way sometimes.

Anyway, Love this build and really want to see it ready to go. Just beware off the bolt from the blue.

Cheers Theo

Hi Theo,

like the fun about modelling and your kind words, too! I have to apologize... The stormbird is second in the production line at the moment! I tend to take model kits from their boxes to the bench, build some steps and then put them in plastic boxes to the shelf of shame... :innocent:

(I think, I have about 10 or 12 kits in the making at present time! :oops: )

More to come... (not just kidding!)

Cheers, Martin

Glad I could help Martin !

I've had stuff sent to me from all over the planet from kind people, so I keep a look out for places to return the favor (to others, but still...)

Looking forward to seeing this progress.