1/48 Revell B-17G-Converted to RAF Fortress III

Shawn M

Thanks Don!

Im going to try to get some more work done this week and finish her off in March.

I will keep this thread updated!

I see you're a VW fan? Whatcha got?

Im a looong time dubber and alternate between VW's (6) and Subarus(3).

Edited by Shawn M

Thanks Don!

Im going to try to get some more work done this week and finish her off in March.

I will keep this thread updated!

I see you're a VW fan? Whatcha got?

Im a looong time dubber and alternate between VW's (6) and Subarus(3).

Cool! I've got a Jetta MkV. It's my first dub and it won't be my last! I can now see why everyone likes VW's. B) I keep mine as a weekend car only and never take her out in the rain or any bad weather. I've become just a bit obsessed with her. :wub: I'm getting ready to make a few modifications this summer. I'll be adding the black head lamps and lower front and rear valance from the Euro Jetta and maybe a few other things. Nothing over the top to the exterior just a little Euroizing. I'm also looking at stiffer and lower springs plus larger brake rotors. They also have quite a few engine upgrades for it that I'll be investigating later on. It's safe to say I'll be a loooong time dubber too! I'm even thinking about getting an old Jetta MkIV to hot rod later on. There will definitely be more than one VW in my garage.

Cheers,

Don

Here she is on Audi R8 reps. 18x8's on Yokohama tires in this photo. I didn't like the Yokos too much so she now wears Goodyear Eagle GT's. Much better grip with the Goodyears.

IMG_5045.jpg

Jetta3.jpg

And here behind my work bench. :lol: I'm working on it!

IMG_1960.jpg

I almost ended up with the Golf GTI but I went for the Jetta in the end because I wanted a little more room. I was also sold on the color and I think the salesman saw me coming. :lol: While not as sporty as the Golf the Jetta is still a huge upgrade from the Honda's I was previously driving. Next time I might go for an Audi A4. I'll still be keeping my Jetta even if I do.

Cheers,

Don

Thats one I found as well.

Great tail art!

Unique that they had no turrets, yet had some guns stuffed in the gutted Cheyenne tail.

Great story about how they were all abandoned then rehabbed,used as transports one way, then armed and used as bombers on the way back.

Gonna have to do some digging on these for info (great just what I need is another RARE fortress type to scour the internet for)but it would make a great subject.

Thats one I found as well.

Great tail art!

Unique that they had no turrets, yet had some guns stuffed in the gutted Cheyenne tail.

Great story about how they were all abandoned then rehabbed,used as transports one way, then armed and used as bombers on the way back.

Gonna have to do some digging on these for info (great just what I need is another RARE fortress type to scour the internet for)but it would make a great subject.

I have the White Crow book on the Israeli Spitfire MK IX, and it's very nice. I'll probably order the Fortress book in a couple of weeks.

Israeli Spit Mk IX

Nose art DONE!

5504069690_c5c8397ef9_z.jpg

Started added antenna's....wow theres a lot!

3 whips per wing:

5503478709_11020698e5_z.jpg

This one gets strung forward to one in the nose windows:

5503478835_7b89bb95a7_z.jpg

5504070124_b3b67d8888_z.jpg

5504070462_ceec354bc7_z.jpg

Whip on top of the nose:

5503479685_8baeaaca9f_z.jpg

Aerials from the rudder to the radio room:

5504070354_54e9105a84_z.jpg

As you can also see I've glue on the nose glazing and waist gun travel limiters

Also glued on the tail guns and PE gun sight:

5503479031_661bf25d0c_z.jpg

5503479821_8c86e50441_z.jpg

Waiting for the nose to dry then Im gonna flip'er he over and glue on the radome, another whip antenna and the tail spot light

6 parts and 2 wings to go!