The usual suspects...

In the catalogue, the "new" kits do not even have an artwork...I do not know whether this is a sign of the lack of definite REAL plan to launch these kits. On a thread here on LSP, Mr Song said he never promised the TBD :crying:

I almost could bet that I will have done a TBD before Trumpeter ever released theirs...

Hubert

Since The TBD was announced, Wing nutwings has been started, and released all of their kits to date, to a higher standard than any trump kit, and each with markings for 5 aircraft. I'd like a TBD, but I'm just not holding my breath any more on "announced" kits. Revell will have the He-111 out before the TBD, and if they do a Do-17, odds are it will be released before as well. The Lizards Do-335? Matty is taking odds on that being ahead of the TBD.

A 1/32 Do 17 would be great! It might pose a bit of a problem that there's no surviving example of one in the world. Since Revell has been measuring the Ju 88A and the He 111P in Norway for their kits... I don't know if factory blueprints and manuals have survived but otherwise the result will be a guesstimation of the prototype. You can glimpse such a thing when really looking good at Classic Airframe's Do 17Z. It does look nice but has some inaccuracies, the glass nose for example.

In the catalogue, the "new" kits do not even have an artwork...I do not know whether this is a sign of the lack of definite REAL plan to launch these kits. On a thread here on LSP, Mr Song said he never promised the TBD :crying:

I almost could bet that I will have done a TBD before Trumpeter ever released theirs...

Hubert

I'm not sure when a manufacturer commisions the artwork to be done in the timeline of developing a new kit. I understand that Ron Volstad who makes the superb artwork on many Dragon vehicle kits usually gets a week or two to research and paint the subject! So it could well be one of the last actions to be taken during the manufacturing process.