Airfix 1/24 Mosquito

hangartime

very cool

in that second picture, apart from the thickness of the inside landing gear door nearest camera, it really LOOKS like a real plane, not a model

i cannot give any higher compliment than that

lovely work and thank you for sharing with us clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Nick

• 5 months later...

Beautiful, OOB, built and finished model of this magnificent aircraft with wonderful photogaphic presentation. Can I point out to prospective builders of this kit some errors in the basic build (Airfix instructions). HX922 (EG-F) had the needle props and no aerial mast (whip aerial on cockpit is correct). There are a lot of other errors, or ommissins (Airfix) but not beyond the average modeller to correct if wanting to improve on basic OOB build.

Congrats on that Mossie. Very nice build. I've been eyeballing that kit myself. I've always loved Mossies. Fantastic looking airplane with a great story behind it. I know what you mean to about the wife being glad when you were done. Mine accuses me of becoming "obsessed" with whatever I'm working on at the time. I also tend to get some nasty looks when the U.P.S. man pulls up with a stack of packages that go to my modeling cave. I tell her she should be glad that this is my obsession. I'm not out chasing 20somthings, hanging at bars, race tracks, etc..

Looking forward to seeing more of your work,

Bob