EMD

Derek B

Derek,

As much as I would love to see a 1/32 Devastator, I honestly can't recommend that you do one. We have been waiting years for the long-ago announced Trumpeter Devastator, but we continue to wait. If Trumpeter was to affirmatively announce that the Devastator project was cancelled, then I would think it safe to go forward with one of your own. But without that announcement, you would run a significant risk of being "trumped", as you say.

Bill M.

Don't worry Bill, I won't :D, I have enough to do for the foreseeable future.

Cheers

Derek

I think all Derek has to do to force Trumpeter's hand here is to merely announce that he's doing one. No need to actually proceed. Perhaps he could carve a quick'n'dirty balsa mock-up or something, just to juice it up a bit.

:D

Kev

I think all Derek has to do to force Trumpeter's hand here is to merely announce that he's doing one. No need to actually proceed. Perhaps he could carve a quick'n'dirty balsa mock-up or something, just to juice it up a bit.

:D

Kev

:D :rofl: :lol: ...Now there's an idea Kev! (I actually could do that pretty quickly, but then I may as well do the whole thing!).

There are many kits that Trumpeter are going to release, except no-one is really certain exactly what they will relese at any given time...probably not even Trumpeter themselves? This make it difficult for people like myself (or Radu or Paul Fisher for instance) who may need two to three years of solid hard work to plan, develop and produce such a kit by hand, only to find Trumpeter releasing the same model shortly later (that is the main reason that I had stalled the British FGR.2/FG.1 conversion for the Tamiya Phantom).

Derek