Bader's Spitfire Va Hasegawa 1/32

Kahunaminor

Any chance you could snap a decent shot of the box art for the database Kent? Looks like Charlie's put a low-res version in there, but a higher-res one would be nice if you can manage it. You can just email it to me at kevin@largescaleplanes.com - if at all possible!

Kev

Any chance you could snap a decent shot of the box art for the database Kent? Looks like Charlie's put a low-res version in there, but a higher-res one would be nice if you can manage it. You can just email it to me at kevin@largescaleplanes.com - if at all possible!

Kev

Will be on the way tonight Kev

Gents, sometime ago I purchased a Hasegawa Mkllb kit which I notice is not on your list. An image of the box lid is attached it is kit # 08164 and contains every sprue that the range of Hasegawa Spitifre kits offered including the four bladed propellor.

Regards Brent

post-4396-1276122234.jpg

Gents, sometime ago I purchased a Hasegawa Mkllb kit which I notice is not on your list. An image of the box lid is attached it is kit # 08164 and contains every sprue that the range of Hasegawa Spitifre kits offered including the four bladed propellor.

Regards Brent

Thanks Brent. Will get this in the database shortly too.

Kev

Just to clarify the picture regarding Hasegawa spit variants:

- the moldings of the "b" types of Mark II & V are the same. This is the original Hasegawa spit issue. The difference lies in the decals (Standard, Gleed MTO, nighfighter, MTO US fighter, Canadian squadron, etc.). It was also declined as a MkVI with some additional parts.

- the moldings of the "a" types of Mark I/II & V are the same. This is the original MkV kit with a new engraved wing. The sprues are also the same than the Revell issue. Again, the difference lies in the decals.

Note that Revell also issued an earlier MkI/V/Seafire that is fully engraved but less detailed and has no "gull wing". This kit has been re-relased.

However, the confusing aspect in the Hasegawa kits is the leftover parts. According to the release, kits contain more or less leftover parts.

HTH

A further question. The kit instruction's colour call out has the spinner white. Surely it should be either Sky or Sky Blue with matching band? In fact what is the correct colours for spinner/band /underside for a DE/DG/Sky a/c? There is some conjecture on another board that it should be Sky Blue Spinner and band over Sky undersurface or all three areas Sky? Further, where does Sky type "S" and "Duck Egg Blue" fit into the equation? Does Sky Blue = Sky type "S" or Duck Egg Blue? I ask because I have these last two in MM enamels.

Regards