Trumpeter F4U-1D Replacement Cowling

ChrisS

Added you for 2 Buzzz.

Just getting initial production costs together, should have a production run in motion quite soon. The PE is quite nice, and as soon as we get a production run of all the components I'll post some pictures of a build up of the set.

I can't remember if I responded to this thread or not, but I will want at least three, maybe more if they will work for the -4 as well!

Really looks good!

The -4 cowl is very different Ray. F4U-4 has a chin scoop and the cowl flap arrangement is spaced altogether different.

Dan

The -4 cowl is very different Ray. F4U-4 has a chin scoop and the cowl flap arrangement is spaced altogether different.

Dan

D'ohhh! Forgot about the chin scoop, how could I miss that!

Well, now you know what to work on next, Chris. ;)

Got the three of you guys added.

Looks like we're entering production now, we'll have a retail price point shortly too!

As soon as we get a production shot, I'll assemble it here in detail.

Awesome news Chris! Can't wait! that's what i love about this site.. when we find problems with kits, we fix what we can, ask for help on what we can't, and beg and plead until someone with what the kids call "mad skillz" comes to our rescue and makes a fix!

:beer:

• 3 weeks later...

Added you to the list for two Steve.

We got the production casts late last week, but I am out of town on vacation this week. I'll post assembly of the final product next week!

Thanks for looking in all~