Eduard E-4 canopy update

Kahunaminor

This is taken from the April 2010 newsletter at Eduard:

We have the re-tooled canopy. You know, the one for the Emil, dash four. It took a while, but no one was going to do it for us. It will be available for shipping around mid month. Conditions of replacement will be posted here, and retailers will be able to get them from us with their April orders.

FYI

It's no doubt a coincidence that their E-4/7 Trop is about to be released... http://www.eduard.cz/products/card.php?id_...99977da4a166c64 incidentally Zoomomania have it at a very reasonable price: http://www.zoomomania.com/ShowSingleItem.j...mp;Currency=EUR it's marked as being on backorder, but is also listed in new releases.

Guest canuck63

I've got the "Trop".....it's got the newer wheels (which are worlds better than the toyish ones that came with the earlier kits) but....has it got the correct canopy :speak_cool: :thumbsup: :blink: :blink: !How can I tell?

Cheers

Manny

I've got the "Trop".....it's got the newer wheels (which are worlds better than the toyish ones that came with the earlier kits) but....has it got the correct canopy :speak_cool: :thumbsup: :blink: :blink: !How can I tell?

Cheers

Manny

All copies of the Bf109E-7 Trop should have the correct canopy.

Just requested a replacement from Eduard via email, hope it works out alright.

I just ordered my two canopies that I needed. I also took advantage of the 20% discount and free shipping to snap up a Trop E7 and some other stuff. That offer was just too good to resist and the discounted price brings it under the price I would pay at Lucky Model or elsewhere at the moment.

I just ordered my two canopies that I needed. I also took advantage of the 20% discount and free shipping to snap up a Trop E7 and some other stuff. That offer was just too good to resist and the discounted price brings it under the price I would pay at Lucky Model or elsewhere at the moment.

indeed!

20% off and a free E-4 corrected canopy and free shipping...time to stock up!!

correction: they show prices ex-VAT, so the 20% thing is nonsense if you are in EU.

i do hate companies that do that! just show me the price i have to pay in the first place!!!!

i am not a VAT registered company! i can't claim it back!

off to do some gardening!

Nick

Don't hate the company...hate the VAT, Comrade.

The screwed up canopies must've been pretty horrible if it's hard to tell whether you have the good or bad one. I'm impressed Eduard corrected it, though. They're really good guys the couple times I've met them.

Is the 20% off everything? I may have to order up the trop....

C

The screwed up canopies must've been pretty horrible if it's hard to tell whether you have the good or bad one. I'm impressed Eduard corrected it, though. They're really good guys the couple times I've met them.

C

sorry, of course i am no lover of tax! :lol:

i just don't like a lack or transparency prior to final check out; pretty much every other company manages it, so why can't they.

as love / hate, i have been a big champion of their Emil on these forums - check out my build log if you have a spare couple of hours! :lol:

cheers,

Nick

C

As far as I understand and not counting strange tax laws :BANGHEAD2: :evil_laugh: if you order the canopy replacement you can then order any item or items and get the 20% discount of the total cost. They will also ship your package free for this order.

Hm....I didn't buy any of the E-4s.....maybe I'll have to get one to get the discount... That's really cool they give the discount and free shipping to make up for the canopy.

I love their Emils. Most of the problems people have reported are simply builder errors (same with their quarter scale 190 series....I've built 3 of them and haven't had any issues....). I'm not sure why folks have a hard time grasping that if you misalign parts, it throws the fit off. Both E-1s I built went together quickly, even straying from the instructions by installing the engine block with everything closed up (since you can see it through the slots).

I have another E-1 in the stash and if anyone ever stocks the CMK engine set for it, I'd like to do it up with the nose completely opened up. The kit engine is ok, but I really want to do it with the lower panels opened as well and the engine in the kit has the underside blanked off.

I firmly believe Eduard is one of the best companies out there....big enough that they produce top quality and really fair priced kits (look at what you get in each box...photoetch, masks, really good decals), but small enough they listen to modeler's gripes.

Chris