P-51D 'Nooky-Booky IV'

ruzlkampf

Ugh, I'm tired and getting sloppy so it's time to call it a day. :thumbsup: 'Mustanged out' until tomorrow. Here's where I stopped for the night after trying to get the first vac canopy to fit right; still needs a trim at the tail end so no daylight shows thru. Pilot is much more visible now. This isn't even the canopy I'm going to put on it,....what am I doing?! :thumbsup:

Got lots of little foo-foo things knocked out in preparation for the last flog tomorrow, and I think I can swing this OK without suffering permanent damage. heh heh. Last pics before the last lap!

post-4413-1263104585.jpg

Time to put it up on the cat-walk and see what I've got. Appears all my cowling work is going to go south for the winter after putting the checkerboards on. Blast! Ahhh well, I made the effort, eh?!

post-4413-1263104927.jpg

Different view;

post-4413-1263104965.jpg

Looks like the undersides are blue from the reflected light of the base, huh? Drat, I forgot to get a view of the bottom! Well, I guess the sun will still come up tomorrow anyway. heh heh.

post-4413-1263105145.jpg

And last view before I put it away for the night. It's got a bit more color than it had in my previous pics, but still kinda bland until I start putting markings 'n such on it. Those checkerboards I showed on the previous page are going really make this colorful. I hope.

post-4413-1263105397.jpg

Couldn't leave without a comparison with the 'A' model that's still hanging around. Everything I made during this vacation is going out the door on Monday to clear the factory floor for new endeavors. To be a model around here is to lead a very precarious existence. A little comparison;

post-4413-1263105636.jpg

Last pic f the night, I'm outta here. Think I'll enjoy the last night of vacation by whupping up some chili before going to bed for some tormented, torpid, and strangely bizarre dreams.(did I mention I like cheap thrills? :thumbsup: ) I'll be back tomorrow flogging on this yo-yo just to see if perchance I might finish. More pics as things progress. Later, Russ

post-4413-1263105951.jpg

WHOOHOO! :goodjob: The 'Nookster' is DONE!!!!! Aaaaaahhh, let me grab a pudding cup to slurp on while I bask in the glow of consigning this build to the history books. ^_^ A lovely way to end my vacation, and a good time was had by all. (Sheesh, I'm 'Mustanged out' for awhile though! :P )

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen, but I'm thinkin I bombed out on this one. There's not a detail in sight,...no brake-lines/drop-tank plumbing/detailed interior/blah-blah-blah. Hey wait a minute, I never do that kinda stuff anyway! :hmmm: Bahahahaha!

OK, before I digress once again and start jabbering and chattering about my lunatic fringe self....lemmee show ya'll some of the last update pics, eh?! Let's start with some useless and benign photos of me flatuating around trying to blow a new canopy first. I didn't have time before cuz I was too busy flogging, oh ehrmm...I mean bringing cookies and milk to the elves whilst getting this doohickey completed before my self-imposed deadline. Here we go! This was a copy of the original canopy with no mods; whuf, it doesn't even look like it has acetate sheet pulled over it.

post-4413-1263193823.jpg

Not too exciting, huh? Let me put a rear-view mirror blister on that and see what happens. (chopped off and shaped from a plastic pen pocket-holder clip. Hey, it was the closest thing handy to whittle on)

post-4413-1263193969.jpg

Alright, the stock canopy was just a trial to see if everything pulled and tucked down around the edges on the master OK. I made up two of these modded canopies just in case I screwed cutting one out up. It happens. :goodjob: Experiment was a success, and I got to feel that fuzzy tingle of not screwing something up. heh heh. Course, maybe that was my skin crawling cuz I've been living in my pajamas for the last week of my vacation? Hmmmmm, let's move on.

post-4413-1263194369.jpg

Time for the good stuff! Here's what the 'Nookster' morphed into. I left the canopy open for these first few pics so ya'll can see my spiffy rear-view mirror afixed to the blister in the canopy. Plus it just gave it a fashionable jaunty rake to the profile that gets all the chicks. he heh.

post-4413-1263194674.jpg

Until I get or make some Aeroproducts prop blades, I went ahead and put my modified Dragon blades into the spinner. They'll have to do for now,....maybe on the next 'K' model I build I'll get it right?! :goodjob:

post-4413-1263194951.jpg