Early P-38 windscreen pics

JRutman

Here is my early conversion sets' windscreen with the armor glass block early gunsite and curved windscreen.I threw it together in about an hour so forgive the glue smudges and paint misshaps. I always liked the early stuff in the P-38 and no one ever built my conversion and then took pics so I did it myself just for fun! After all of the mistakes I made with glue and paint,I have even more appreciation for some of the brilliant,absolutely clean builds on this site!! I really need to practice painting,etc more often, JR

P-38wind002.jpg

P-38wind001.jpg

This is all bruch painted too so don't go nuts on me! LOL

JR

I have been wanting to build an early P-38 using your conversion set, but I wish that someone would do some 1/32 decals for P-38G "Miss Virginia", the Lightning credited with shooting down Yamamoto. It is not only an historic P-38, but I think it is attractive as well.

I have been wanting to build an early P-38 using your conversion set, but I wish that someone would do some 1/32 decals for P-38G "Miss Virginia", the Lightning credited with shooting down Yamamoto. It is not only an historic P-38, but I think it is attractive as well.

Maybe Zotz?

JR

They do, free with this book, scroll down to view decal sheet by Techmod: http://www.jadarhobby.pl/kagero-15010-topc...ka-p-17776.html

Hi Jerry, just to let you know the convwersion sets arrived safely yesterday. Had a quick look last night and they are beautiful!!

Thanks for your help, advice and, the little extra goodies that you so kindy provided for me, very much appreciated!!

Perry

Thanks for the kind words bubba! I really like those earlier P-38s better and I am surprised that more people don't do them. It's a simple conversion. If I had the time to just build models I would like to backdate an old Revel kit to the XP-38. That was a cool a/c and held the cross country speed record for a while(right after it was built). It's look reminds me of the "Buck Rogers"/art deco era.

JR