1/32 P-47D-25-RA Thunderbolt "Eileen"

F100Hun

Don't worry. The mod you did on the cowl flap piece works fine. You just have to remove a small amount of material and lower it a tiny amount. I did that for my Jug and it came out ok in my opinion.

hike025.jpg

Yours is looking good and it is a great kit.

Looking forward to more pics.

Matt

So it's time to let things dry. I was able to get the engine started as well as some odds and ends started like the main gear, and the wings attached.

I attached the wires from the backside and glued them in there hoping for a better anchor when I attach them to the engine hub later.

Next up, more engine work and run Mr. Surface over the seams.

Thanks for looking.

Bill L.

post-1380-1253377561.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been awhile, but I finally got to get back to this build!! Tonight I did the plumbing for the engine. I've never done this before, but I looked at what others have done in this forum and built on their work. So here's my 'wired ' engine. I'll paint the wires tomorrow, a nice dirty brown.

Tell me what you think.

Thanks for checking this out... I like the way it looks.

Bill L.

post-1380-1254446323.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

"Gone but not forgotten" as Neil Young put it. Resumed more work on the Jug, finishing up the engine, and applying Mr Surfacer to the seams. Here's the finished engine. Hope you like it.

Bill L.

post-1380-1255441207.jpg

Well, now back to the body work... I have the seams all tidied up with CA glue and sanding, so now I appy the Mr. Surfacer to fill the bubbles left behing from the CA glue de-gassing. After this dries I'll sand that away and prep for the paint shack. My goal is to get some paint on this baby by the weekend when our club meets... but best laid plans of mice and men.......

We'll see..

Bill L.

post-1380-1255441604.jpg

"And now, for something completely different" ... Well, while things are drying, I figured I do something to distract me. While it may not necessarily be an airplane, it certainly is 'Large Scale" hahahahahahaha... This beast is gonna be a putty queen!! (hmmm.. I should have decals made for a nose art with a babe and title "Putty Queen")

UP SCOPE!

Bill L.

post-1380-1255441994.jpg