Non-US P-51D markings?

DMunne

As a non prop building LSP'er, I somehow have been conned into buying a Dragon P-51D kit. It really is a nice kit. I just might build it OOB as a shelf sitter. Just to be a little different, I am trying to find some non-USA markings for it. I found out through my research that the Dominican Republic was the last user, as late as 1984. Does anybody make markings for a DR P-51D? If not maybe someone can recommend a sheet that has some cool non-USA markings.

Sincerely,

Crash

As a non prop building LSP'er, I somehow have been conned into buying a Dragon P-51D kit. It really is a nice kit. I just might build it OOB as a shelf sitter. Just to be a little different, I am trying to find some non-USA markings for it. I found out through my research that the Dominican Republic was the last user, as late as 1984. Does anybody make markings for a DR P-51D? If not maybe someone can recommend a sheet that has some cool non-USA markings.

Sincerely,

Crash

Can I interest you in a Royal New Zealand Air Force P 51D, by Ventura Decals

Ventura P 51D decals

P 51's were ordered towards end of WWII to replace F4U/FG1's, but since Japan

surrenderd, the order was cut down. P 51's received were put into storage

until about 1950 when they were attached to Territorial Air Force (TAF) much

like Air National Guard in the States.

The only issue you may have, is this particular aircraft had the cuffed blades, while the

rest had uncuffed if that interests you??? The checker board was representative of the

Provincial Rugby colours.

Regards

Alan

Three more sheets of non-US 1/32 P-51D decals, most or all of which are probably out of print by now, unfortunately:

North American Mustang Mark 4 Royal Canadian Air Force; manufactured by Arrow Graphics [Canada] — product no. G-9-32; MARKINGS: “BY•2” (KH680) of 442 Squadron, RCAF, May 1945

1:32 Mustang; manufactured by Aussie Decals [Australia] — product no. 32003; MARKINGS: Mustang III (P-51C) "CV•J" of 3 Sqdrn., RAAF, Fano, Italy, 1945; Mustang III (P-51C) "CV•K" [no serial] of 3 Sqdrn., RAAF, Fano, Italy, 1945; Mustang III (P-51B) "CV•N" of 3 Sqdrn., RAAF, Fano, Italy, 1945; Mustang IV (P-51D) "CV•G" of 3 Sqdrn., RAAF, Cervia, Italy, 1945; Mustang IV (P-51D) "CV•P" of 3 Sqdrn., RAAF, Fano, Italy, 1945

Spitfire Mk. Vb 322 Dutch Sqn RAF, P-51D 122 Sqn , RNEIAF; manufactured by Dutch Decal [Netherlands] — product no. 32002; MARKINGS: F/O van Eijk's Spitfire Vb "VL•A" of 322 (Dutch) Squadron, RAF, Hornschurch, July 1943; Spitfire Vb "VL•E" of 322 (Dutch) Squadron, RAF, Hornschurch, 1943; Spitfire Mk. XIVc "3W•F" of 322 (Dutch) Squadron, RAF, 1944 [serial numbers not provided]; P-51D "Black 15" of 122 Squadron , RNEIAF, Medan AFB, Sumatra, 1947

Charles Metz

Mark,

How did you find or construct that URL? The only way I've managed to include a non-expiring direct link to an item in Sprue Brothers' online catalog is to use:

"http://store.spruebrothers.com/?Target=products.asp&Keyword=<SearchTerm>" (without the quotation marks)

in which <SearchTerm> is the item's SKU (inventory number). However, that approach leads only to a thumbnail and clickable link, as you can see here.

Always eager to learn from an htmlmeister,

Charles Metz

Charles,

My apologies for responding so late to you question.

I opened the link from the thumbnail. I right clicked and went to properties at the bottom of the drop-down menu.

I copied the URL and pasted it into my response, making it a direct link.

Sincerely,

Mark

My apologies for responding so late to you question.

I opened the link from the thumbnail. I right clicked and went to properties at the bottom of the drop-down menu.

I copied the URL and pasted it into my response, making it a direct link.

Thanks, Mark, but I can't replicate that on my Mac ... and in particular, I'm puzzled by the word "Nexternal" in the URL you provided, because I don't see "Nexternal" in any of Sprue Brothers' URLs when I visit their website. Can anyone here help me to understand what's going on?

By the way, the linking method that I described above was recommended to me by Sprue Brothers' owner, Gordon Kwan, who said he was aware that standard methods can't be used, due to the web software his company uses. I feel obliged to add that this peculiarity is a very small price to pay for the Sprue Brothers catalog's real-time inventory capability, which -- along with astoundingly fast shipping and superb customer service — is why I do most of my LSP shopping there.

Charles Metz