1/24 Trumpeter A6M-2N "Rufe"

LSP_K2

I did not weather my Zero for lack of how and where mainly but yours looks real sweet Sir.Cheers Kevin

Thanks javlin, but I'm just getting started. Tomorrow morning will see a lot more being added, sort of a multi-layered process as it were; pastels and dings/scratches now, clear coat and decals then, follwed by a wash of darker colors as well as oil based streaks, etc. Then dull coated, followed by more pastels and grunge. I'm working my tail feathers off trying to finish by the 12th. ;)

Refreshed and reinvigorated, and with a renewed sense of direction, I’ve tackled weathering with a new zeal today; for all practical purposes, starboard side is finished. Gloss coat and decals will be added this afternoon/evening.

post-8159-1252257488.jpg

I have begun decaling this model, (finally). I’ll finish decals this evening, then dull coat tomorrow and begin attaching floats. What appears to be silvering on wing decal is actually just wet micro sol. ;)

post-8159-1252282995.jpg

Yuck! Should look better when excess is wiped off, (I hope). :huh: I had to resort to using Champ solution on kit decals in a couple of areas that seemed reluctant to comply. Needless to say, the Champ solution worked great; all decals are down and tight.

post-8159-1252342919.jpg