Czech Model 1/32 F-80C

Barry

OK guys I have a slight problem.I have been to all the sites that have walkarounds. I have looked online for walkaround books, and have found none.I have waited for years for a decent kit in any scale to come out of this a/c and now I have one in my favorite scale, and I really want to super detail the cockpit.On the different websites I can't seem to get the entire view including floorboards and seat.I want to replicate every detail and if its good enough cast up a couple for future versions I intend to do. Is there any site or book that I have missed that might have more complete details?Chris F.

Anyone? Must be some better reference material on this plane somewhere? not trying to be pushy just trying to keep the topic current(top of list)

I have a huge collection of refs. However I have been searching for years and spent a pile of cash for some of them.

Even then, it is still lacking some good shots of the pit tub without the seat. The ones I have are from a stripped airframe that was going to be restored. So, it is basic. Not enough detail for me either.

Hi Harold.

Yeah, detail shots of the type you and I apparently need are really hard to come by.The kit is great in all, but I am a little disappointed in the "pit" area. It will require a lot of work to bring it up to the standards I would like to have.I don't mind doing the work at all, there is just not alot of good references out there. Not that I can find,anyway. Well if I find something, I will be glad to share, and if anyone else does, I hope they will do the same. Chris

Thanks Chris.

I am working on a resin 'pit set for it myself. I already have the basic tub mocked up.

I found my old CE 1/48 scale resin pit and the BB pit too. I am using those as well for my refs.

Well, that is better than I have been able to come up with. I have the CAM resin set for the F-86 in 1/32. I wonder if the seat was the same or similar? Any site that has pics of the 1/48 pit sets for the F-80? Well I might just have to buy one from you when it is ready. I really,really want to do this work myself( budget )but I may have no choice. Thanks and if you come up with anything that I may be able to use for reference , Please let me know. Chris

Well, that is better than I have been able to come up with. I have the CAM resin set for the F-86 in 1/32. I wonder if the seat was the same or similar? Any site that has pics of the 1/48 pit sets for the F-80? Well I might just have to buy one from you when it is ready. I really,really want to do this work myself( budget )but I may have no choice. Thanks and if you come up with anything that I may be able to use for reference , Please let me know. Chris

Nope, the seat is not even close to the Sabre's.

go here...

http://www.seatejectcolor.com/seat/index.html

YES!!! Well guys getting closer to having enough reference to detail up this cockpit. Just need some good top views of the floor boards now. Thanks much, I really, really appreciate it. I know I'm pushing it now, but any floor board shots? I am not lazy guys, I really have tried to find this info, but no luck!Thanks again all. Chris

I am no expert on the F-80....however,

I think that from the info I have, the kit seat represents a squished late T-33 seat.

The seats used in the F-80's and early T-33's were different.