Searching for a 1/32 Vac Form Meteor F8

JohnT

Hi Guys

First post on here as just joined. I am coming back to the hobby after many decades away and starting with a few out of box models to get my hand and eye back in. Its interesting to see how techniques and products have moved on, not to mention model quality and prices !

Anyway I want to have a go at doing all the post WW2 aircraft of a local RAF Squadron in 1/32 and the one that I don't have in the stash - or that is not about to be kitted - is the Meteor F8

Looking at the web and also from a very hazy memory a company called either ID Models or Combat Models produced one as a vac form decades ago

I don't suppose anyone has one to sell?

Anyone able to comment on the quality?

I have a couple of 1/32 unbuilt vac forms from that era -Heinkle 219 for one - and they are about as basic as things get !

thanks for any help in advance

John

Thanks for the welcome

I have just had a very quick look at the Chris's build of the 219 and that is awesome. I feel a bit like a golfer feeling a bit pleased as he has just made the green while staying on the fairway and not getting into the rough for the first time and then seeing Tiger woods just hole in one on the same course !! :ph34r:

My work is nowhere near that standard but I guess I get just as big a kick out of what I do as Chris. At least thats a ton of inspiration and I am going to follow his thread and build through and see what I can do to copy it as best i can now !

Apologies to Chris in advance but I've heard it said that copying is the only sincere form of flattery !

JohnT,

As to the vac kit of the F-8 u'er seeking.ID as to an old list i had.I did not see anything as to one.Combat does not make one at all as to the list i have as well.I would suggest that u contact MDC as the molds from ID they bought along time ago.They may shed some light on what u'er looking for.Larry

I have a Meteor 'Modellers Datafile' and it claims ID did make a 1:32 but it went out of production a long time ago.

I'm currently making an F3 in plastic from a paper kit - i've never made a vac form kit but I imagine it's on a par (to continue the golfing theme) difficulty wise, especially if you don't want to open any bays etc. If you don't have any luck finding a vac form but definitely want to build a Meteor this might be the method!

Hi

thanks for the info. I suspect that my idea of doing it all in 1/32 is going to come unglued and I should re think it to 1/48 as the Meteor will be my nemesis!

Knowing my luck I shall get them all done in 1/48 just as someone announces a 1/32 Meteor F8 !

Hows the 1/32 Typhoon coming on - it was about my last model before I hung up the glue pot and spent 24 hours working trying to run a business before I saw the light and got my life back !!

One thing coming back to this hobby is I am truly gobsmacked by the work that many of the guys are doing. Awesome. I have only ever seen work this quality in a museum from professional model builders before.

Inspiration for an old plastic hacker like myself

I have a Meteor 'Modellers Datafile' and it claims ID did make a 1:32 but it went out of production a long time ago.

I'm currently making an F3 in plastic from a paper kit - i've never made a vac form kit but I imagine it's on a par (to continue the golfing theme) difficulty wise, especially if you don't want to open any bays etc. If you don't have any luck finding a vac form but definitely want to build a Meteor this might be the method!

Hi

My copy of the Meteor Datafile arrived today and it aso lists a 1/32 F8 in resin and vac form from "Panther" stating "available 2004" but I have not heard of this company. Anyone out there able to shed any light ??

thanks

Hi

My copy of the Meteor Datafile arrived today and it aso lists a 1/32 F8 in resin and vac form from "Panther" stating "available 2004" but I have not heard of this company. Anyone out there able to shed any light ??

thanks

Both Panther Productions & Sanger Engineering listed a Meteor as future products. Both projects were cancelled. :rolleyes:

Sorry.

:rolleyes:

Both Panther Productions & Sanger Engineering listed a Meteor as future products. Both projects were cancelled. :blink:

Sorry.

Oh well

back to the drawing board :blink:

thanks for the info

There's probably a model shop in a small village at the foot of the Himalayas with a little old monk selling off ID 1/32 meteors out of a cardboard box full of them but they don't have the internet yet :rolleyes:

JohnT,

As to the vac kit of the F-8 u'er seeking.ID as to an old list i had.I did not see anything as to one.Combat does not make one at all as to the list i have as well.I would suggest that u contact MDC as the molds from ID they bought along time ago.They may shed some light on what u'er looking for.Larry

Larry, hate to seem out of it, , but what does MDC stand for and where are they located? I have heard several tails as to who bought the molds. But never was able to run it down.

Thanks

abledog5,

As to MDC being listed as one of the sponsor of the site.I can not remember who bought the ID molds.Iain Ogilive who runs the SIG site knows him,as to running MDC.U might want to run over to the SIG site and email iain and see what he can tell u.But four years ago as to the molds being bought.Iain told me the molds are in very bad shape and would need alot of attention to bring them back to life.Larry

abledog5,

As to MDC being listed as one of the sponsor of the site.I can not remember who bought the ID molds.Iain Ogilive who runs the SIG site knows him,as to running MDC.U might want to run over to the SIG site and email iain and see what he can tell u.But four years ago as to the molds being bought.Iain told me the molds are in very bad shape and would need alot of attention to bring them back to life.Larry

LARRY,NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT. I BOUGHT SEVERAL MODELS LAST YEAR FROM TIGER. I ASK ABOUT WHO HAD THE MOLDS. IF I'm NOT MISTAKEN HE SAID HE WAS IN THE PROCESS OF TRYING TO GET THEM.I KNOW HE HAS REPROUDE TWO OF PANTHER MODELS. I HAVE LET ROBERT AT COMBAT MODELS BORROW SOME OF MY I D MODELS SO HE CAN REPRODUCE THEM. MIG-23 AND THE THUNDER JET. HE ALSO IS WORKING ON A B-26 A/B AND A JAPANESE JUDY. I HAVE MORE I D MODELS AND IF HE WON'T TO USE THEM TO REPRODUCE THEM I''M GOING TO LET HIM USE THEM. MAYBE SOME OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAVE MODELS SOME OF US WOULD LIKE TO BUILD MIGHT DO THE SAME.

THANKS

JOHN

Abledog5,

I would send a email to tigger and see what he has to say.If he does buy the molds from MDC.Then his in for alot of work.I forgot to tell u that when iain saw them and the shape they were in as to the wood that was used on the molds.The wood had been popping in places on the molds and that ain't good.But it's a what and see thing.I would give my right arm for another F-89 and the F-84.Larry