Eagle Editions D-9 Cockpit with Hasegawa D-9

Brad-M

Gents,

I picked up these items all from Eagle Editions and was wondering if anyone has used the EE cockpit with the Hase kit? It looks rather a chore to get in as it isn't a drop fit. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brad

Hi Brad,

The trickiest part is getting the side walls positioned properly. Work from back to front and use the photoetch turtledeck as your starting point. Position it first, then position the resin deck/hatch piece and use it to determine the position of the tub and finally the side walls. For added fun, you'll want to attach everything temporarily at first to figure out all the positioning.

That said, the pieces all fit quite well provided you thin the fuselage sides sufficiently (as indicated in the instructions).

HTH,

Tony

Hi Brad,

that is the best cockpit i´ve used so far! It fits very well. I had no problems with the sidewalls and the rear decking. Don´t glue it, just "tape" together. As soon as it is inside the fuselage, let some Superglue carefulle run around the pit. That´s all what i have done. Worked for three times by now :rolleyes:

I really love the stuff coming from EE! Highly recommented!!

DSC01317.jpg

DSC01322.jpg

DSC01324.jpg

DSC01329.jpg

I´m not sure, but i hope it will fit into the upcoming Ta 152 from PCM!

Cheers,

Chris

Wow. That pit is making me drool. I've been thinking about getting a FW190D-9 for a bit. Now I've seen that I definitly want one. When I do get it I'll probably be boring and do a JV44 Galland Circus aircraft.

First off I've managed to get a BF109K-4 and toying with the idea of using the Eagle Edition pit and other stuff on it. Any pit falls with them?

Chris