Yawn

ruzlkampf

This isn't even the 'long-wingspan' version of this glider! Very swoopy and streamlined, I like it. Haven't quite figured out how to take pics of these 2 critters yet for the gallery shots, they're so short...but have huge wings. B) Plus I've GOT to have at least one pic of the Cub towing it somehow....hmmmm.

post-4413-1225371371.jpg

This isn't even the 'long-wingspan' version of this glider! Very swoopy and streamlined, I like it. Haven't quite figured out how to take pics of these 2 critters yet for the gallery shots, they're so short...but have huge wings. B) Plus I've GOT to have at least one pic of the Cub towing it somehow....hmmmm.

post-4413-1225371371.jpg

Hi Russ,

If you want a 'flying shot' of them together, then a large sheet of glass maybe the answer to your problems? Find a way to arrange them on top of the glass sheet (outdoors, of course), then take your pictures of them from the underside of the sheet, with the sky background behind them - it should look quite stunning.

Cheers

Derek

Whoakay, I'M DONE!!!!!! :) Ahh, yes...2 planes in less than 2-weeks. Read it and weep, heh heh. :P I woulda been done yesterday, but taking Derek's BRILLIANT advise( uh boy :) ) about taking a pic of this combo on a piece of large glass from below....well. I got the sheet of glass home OK atop the surfboard rack on my old VW bug....but when I put it on some sawhorses in the yard, uh. The concept was so cool, darn it. Let's move on.

Because I haven't posted my obligatory 'virtual flights' yet, I've been trying plan 'B'. Hooking up a Cub(which I found out is an excellent glider towplane BTW!) with an LS-8 glider in flight simulator is possible...but I don't have time to do the re-paints and match-up. This is as far as I got. Cub towplane-but no LS-8, or an LS-8, but no Cub. Meh, I'll survive.

post-4413-1225619921.jpg

post-4413-1225619968.jpg

post-4413-1225619989.jpg

Oooh, so close....but no banana. :angry:

He he, now I'm going to make ya'll suffer thru one of my glider 'practice flights' over San Diego. :) Slewed myself up to 19K feet, and did aerobatics all the way down in an LS-8. Whoohoo!

post-4413-1225620941.jpg

post-4413-1225620967.jpg

post-4413-1225620991.jpg

post-4413-1225621018.jpg

Uh, oh...no oxygen at this altitude. Gotta pop the spoilers and get er back down quick! :)

Okay, not one for the gallery, but an interesting size comparison. Me-110 is still hanging around waiting for its motor amputation....very soon now. After RTV molding these motors will find their way onto the Dragon 110 project that's pending. :) Wish I coulda got some better pics of the cockpits 'n such on these models, they look so 'toy-like' the way I photo'd em. No time left for this little sojourn into civilian hardware....I gotta get back to an Me-109G that's calling my name.

Hope I didn't bore everybody to tears with this build(s), but I had to break away and do something....different. :) Gotta go now, it's been fun!!!!

THE END

post-4413-1225622646.jpg

Fantastic work Russ. Really nice looking builds. Interesting size comparison with the 110 too - I didn't realise that was still hanging around! You've already given me some clues about your next projects, so I'll wait with baited breath for some new threads.

:)

Kev