IDS TORNADO superdetailed

Chris/Germany

Hy mates, here´s the progress of the last weekend................but first of all: this will not be a IDS Tonka, mistake by me, the header of this topic should be "ECR Tornado"............essential for this build, you will soon see why ;-)

avionics for starboard-bay 1/2 and 3 is done.............

Bay one is done from what I can see of references and pics

Bay 2 and 3 is fictional!............explanation: the ECR Tornados ( Electronic Combat and Reconnaissance) dont have, contrary to the IDS Tornados, the Cannons mounted in the front fuselage. The cannons are removed and instead of them additional electronic equipment for the FLIR ( ForwardLooking InfraRed) and the ELS ( EmitterLocationSystem) is mounted exactly in this bays where normally the cannon, ammunition feeds and more is located.

Because the FLIR and ELS systems are still some kind of "top secret" no pics of the opened starboard access-panels of a ECR-Tornado can be found......not in books, walkarounds nor in the net. Even my Clubmate Michael Ullmann, well known modeller and working at the EADS ( germany military technics/development factory) and with good connections to the Airforce test-base in Manching/ Munich was able to help with pics or infos, he only could mention that the systems of the FLIR / ELS must be some kind of "TexasInstruments stuff".............as mentioned still kinda top-secret.

So I filled the mentioned bays with some avionic boxes and lots of wiring, its ok for me and, as long as nobody ( except pilots and ground crews) exactly know whats inside, I hope its ok for you!.................but in the end it´s me who has to be satisfied......AND I AM

Here´s a detail shot of how I do wiring........

post-44-1207002505.jpg