Komet !

Tony Mollica

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Kev.

I've finished the main wheels - I ended up using the kit items with some minor mods. I've also reshaped the trolley and added some Eduard P/E bits to it. I think the Eduard instructions actually get the shape of the trolley wrong, so I've gone modelled it along the lines of the photos I have.

Can't really see the detail or weathering on these photos, not sure how to do that when the colours are so dark. The wheels are back with scratches applied with a Prismacolor pencil. The tyres are a lighter shade of black (can I say that ?) with a lighter colour still sprayed around the tread. None of this really shows.

Anyway, it's easier to see on the actual model. I won't assemble this until such time as it's stuck to the model, so that I can be sure the flat spots on the tyres are facing the right direction.

Cheers

Tony

011-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

Looking good, Tony! Although it's a bit hard to see much difference between tire and rim.

Cheers,

Azgaron

Thanks for the comment Azgaron, I see your point. I'll enhance the drybrushing of the rim in particular. a little more. I think it's also partly poor photography as well.

Cheers

Tony

Tony,

Strangely, somehow taking good pics seems to be a large bit of this hobby nowadays! :rolleyes:

Don't overdo it though, cause I'm not sure if my screen is showing the colors correctly. I got a 19" CRT from a friend for free, but it got it's moments :rolleyes: I'll buy a flat screen later.

Cheers,

Azgaron

It's not your screen, Az. Looks the same on mine. The tires should be lightened up and weathered a little. I seem to recall having a bottle of paint called rubber, from Testors I think, sort of a brownish black. Need to find it for my big Me 262 LG rebuild.

Hi Chaps,

In this case the tyres were sprayed Gunze tyre black, then oversprayed with a lightened shade of the the same. I think black is the wrong word for it, grey would be more appropriate. I'll see what I can do with getting a more realistic tone in the photo.

regards

Tony

Hi all,

Made some more progress on the spray job. There's a couple of minor things to clear up, but I'm pretty much right to begin on the fuselage. This aircraft had a yellow nose, so first I'll mask and spray that. You'll note what looks like a couple of smudges on the wing, this is where the pre-shading has caused the top coat to dry with a different (more matt) sheen than the surrounding paint. Hopefully by the time this ones meets it's Future, then a flat coat or two, this will be ironed out.

I've also enhanced the drybrushing on the wheels, but will have to try and photograph it outside I think.

Cheers

Tony

003-3.jpg

Ah, very nice Tony! This is going to look super when it's done.

Are you going to make it to Box Hill?

Kev

I'd love to get to Box Hill, but this time I'll be at my son's cricket teams parents vs sons end of season game. At least I get to spend some quality family time.

Shame it's at the same time, I really like swap meets and I always seem to have a shopping list

Cheers

Tony