Mystery project??

Jack

KOTR, you've got it, it is indeed the "M" version, using the Trump kit, and applying an obscure vacform kit (containing the aft fuselage, radarpod and clear canopy part) i picked up at a meeting some years ago.

Don't know the manufacturer, but i think it is a Horizon kit, very basic, but usable.

i'll keep you posted.

J.

Yay, not bad for a shot out of the hip...

...yeah, that's another Lightning I consider to build, though the XP-38 is curing me for the next few months I think :) A black '38 is looking very slick, if you ask me :)

Jack,

U'er right the first time.It's the Accu-Scale Horizon conversion for the "M" model of the 38.Built obne and have another conversion whating in the wings for another "M" 38.And on a personal note,Jack.If u have the monogram 48th scale kit of the 38 as to the first release.then the decals that come with the kit are what u need as to scale and if u do have them.Enlarge then to 32nd by 150%.Thye have all the stenciling one needs to do that "M" 38 right.Larry

:) thanks for the tip Larry, i don't have the monogram kit, but on the stenciling i heard another story, in that in general all the stenciling on the black ships were very obscured, so hardly visible, so i'll just put on the stars and bars and the yellow numbers and such.

But if you could be of any help then i'd appreciate some close up detail pictures of the back cockpit, especially the seating.

Understand the seat was a canvas type contraption and the operator just sat on it with his legs flat on the cockpit floor, bit protruding with his feet into the front cockpit (as far as i could see in a very interesting "you-tube" movie on the subject).

Anyhow, thanks again for the tip.

Jack.

Jack,

For the rear seating and cockpit detailing.Again the monogram kit is the only way to go here.It maybe spares looking using th monogram kit.But,i Tought that someone had mentioned that there was a detail pic's and etc. of the back seat and etc.I have some intel from some 38 intel i have and i'll see what i can do to help u out.

As to the red letters and there are no yellow types at all on the nightfighter.That again i have with everything in red stenciling wise.I'm trying to see if a guy who has away of converting the decal sheet i have from the 48th scale to enlarge them to 32nd scale.But not sure as to him getting it done and depending if he gets back with me.And just how son do u need what i have as to me finding it?Larry

Larry, you're right about the colouring of the letters, ofcourse it's red,thanks.

But i'm finishing the Kingfisher right now (Dah!!!!), and building the Lightning in modules so to speak, so i can delay the back cockpit a while, but i'd appreciate any help in this.....

have a nice weekend,

Jack.

Yeah, you're right, and i both have them, including the Detail&Scale issues, but in neither can one find a clear picture concerning the back cockpit.

Like i said, this You-tube film is actually the best way to have a "good" look at it. (on second thoughts...nah, but it shows how it was done to get into the backcockpit......)......http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=mZMd4vupSpI

J.