Trump Thunderbolt decalsheet.......

Jack

On opening my trump P47 box, and finding the decalsheet (enclosed in a plastic bag) i noticed a additional little black (not clear....) plastic bag, 1.5 x 2 inches, containing only 1 decal showing donald duck, apparently in a "embarrissing position".........at least i think it was embarrissing to the producers, in such a way that they went thru some effort in shielding this decal from "the public"...(whereas the same decal is showing on the outside of the box!!!!!).

I'm sorry, i don't get it: How far will this rediculous sensorship go, even in modelling, where a "bare-tailed/ featherless/naked tail" on a duck, which is a caricature in itself, is treated as being moraly unacceptable.

i don't get it, can somebody explain pleeeeeze..... :)

jack.

Could it also maybe be copyright? If it is a Disney Donald Duck I could picture the laywers calling up the distributors and asking for a piece of the action because of the Disney character included. If so then it wouldn't be too hard to just 'lose' the offending bit, much like swastikas in the EU.

A funny example goes back to the film '30 Seconds over Tokyo' look at the nose art for the 'Ruptured Duck' and then look at the nose art in the AccMin 48th kit. Suddenly the duck transformed into Donald on the decal sheet. The movie was done by Warner Brothers if I recall and they didn't want to give a rival studio any publicity with all the shots of the nose of that Mitchell, so they modified the nose art for the film. I didn't know any better until I opened teh AccMin kit for the first time and then looked close at the art work in a ref book.

Just guessing here, but I suspect the "little black bag" is just a coincidence. Many times, "special artwork" decals are printed with a difference process than "normal" decals (ie. not printed by Microscale or Cartograf, etc). They are printed on their own, and added to the decal contents during packaging.

Perhaps this is the reason for the duck being in a separate bag.

reading all these comments, i indeed think it is a coincidence, because the donald duck image is clearly seen on the box itself, but then again why use a very, very black plastic wrapping as if the contents is "for your eyes only"?

Ah well, anyhow, i'm very pleased with this kit, and it really looks GOOOOOD.... :lol:

J.