Tamiya F-14A Tomcat

Texas

Hi Texas,

Hows she progressing, did you finish the wheel wells yet?

On another note did you see Gunpowders A10? BEAUTIFUL!!!

Have a look here, this guy knows his stuff.

http://www.craigcentral.com/models/a-10a/default.asp

Thanks

Ian

HI Wheel wells finished except the painting and that comes later. Working on main gear legs and wheels. I have them assembled and am adding the hydrolic lines at present. It's a lot of work but I am having fun with it.

The answer is yes I have been watching the Big Hog builds here and on ARC and checked out the web sight. All this should help when I get to start mine. Very interresting . Those guys do some great work and I hope we can get ours to look that good or somewhere close.

Thanks

Texas :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi Texas,

On another note did you see Gunpowders A10? BEAUTIFUL!!!

Have a look here, this guy knows his stuff.

http://www.craigcentral.com/models/a-10a/default.asp

Thanks

Ian

HI OkOkOk I did it. Dug out my Trumpter A-10A with the goodies, looked it over and put the lid back in the box and slapped my hands so I won't be tempted to start it before this Tomcat is finished. It sure is gona be fun but hay I am having a great time building this big cat. So on with it.

Texas :lol: :lol: :P

HI Here is what I have been doing in the modeling world. These photos are of the main gear legs assembled, plumbed and wired but not painted

TomcatLSPjpg22.jpg

TomcatLSPjpg24.jpg

TomcatLSPjpg23.jpg

TomcatLSP21jpg.jpg

TomcatLSP20JPG.jpg

Well there you have it. It doesn't seem like much progress to me but hay I am having fun. Now I can do some painting on the wings. Enjoy

Hi Texas,

Great job on those legs, also, can really see your re-scribing work on the fuselage. That took some doing, very nice.

Thanks

Ian :huh:

HI Ian

Thanks for your positive comments. This model has been a truly learning experience for me. It's the first 1/32 scale aircraft build in years, first try at rescribing a model, first time to add plumming on a model. I have used resin parts before so that wasn't new. I plan on weathering it with artist oils if I don't loose my nerve.

Texas ;) :blink: :blink:

HI Ian

Thanks for your positive comments. This model has been a truly learning experience for me. It's the first 1/32 scale aircraft build in years, first try at rescribing a model, first time to add plumming on a model. I have used resin parts before so that wasn't new. I plan on weathering it with artist oils if I don't loose my nerve.

Hi Texas,

I use artists water colours with a small amount of washing up liquid in it so it adheres to the glossy surface better. Then I dry it with my air brush so it goes a little sticky and wipe it away where I want to with a damp tissue paper.

You probably already knew this though?

Thanks

Ian

Hi Texas,

I use artists water colours with a small amount of washing up liquid in it so it adheres to the glossy surface better. Then I dry it with my air brush so it goes a little sticky and wipe it away where I want to with a damp tissue paper.

You probably already knew this though?

Thanks

Ian

HI No I have never tried using water colours on a model but I may consider it. Did you use the water colours before or after decaling the model and did you clear coat the model after using the water colours.

Thanks for the info.

HI No I have never tried using water colours on a model but I may consider it. Did you use the water colours before or after decaling the model and did you clear coat the model after using the water colours.

Thanks for the info.

Hi Texas,

I applied the decals then clear coat, then the water colours, then clear coat. Then weather, then matt coat.

Thanks

Ian

Hi Texas,

I applied the decals then clear coat, then the water colours, then clear coat. Then weather, then matt coat.

Thanks

Ian

HI Thanks for the info. I may thank about trying it. Will see when I get further along. Just cleaning up parts today, but I hope to get some paint on the wings next week so they can be drying.