hobbycraft sea fury in 1/32nd scale????

jaxngee

Not for a while now...

Perhaps now that Trumpeter has teh 72nd out in the very near future this one will start to show up in discussions and future releases soon. I'd look for the US IPMS Nats next month for further info, or perhaps the UK Nats which I'm not sure when they are.

The current FineScale has this kit listed as well as the Allison engined Mustangs in the 2007 new kit news, but considering that I'd heard from HC about test shots (of both) existing earlier this year in my correspondance over the Panthers the lack of real hard news is puzzling.

Matt

I saw the early castings at the Hobby Industry Trade show half a year ago.

When will this 1/32 Sea Fury kit be available?

Weeeeel, I also saw their 1/32 A-36 (P-51A) castings at the same show.

This early Mustang is in their 2005 catalog.

It has not yet reached the dealers as a complete kit as of this date.

I am beginning to look at HC with the same disbelief I hold for Craftworks (1/32 VAL supposed to be released in 2002).

Gentlemen, when a new kit is supposed to released I WILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I BUY IT AND HOLD IT IN MY GRUBBY PAWS!

Until then it is all HOT AIR.

Bah Humbug!

I WOULD BUY THE FISHER KIT BUT IT PAINS ME TO PAY SO MUCH FOR A KIT

Although "I feel your pain" (as someone once said), you'd at least get your money's worth: the Fisher Sea Fury is simply the finest model airplane kit I've ever seen.

Charles Metz

It really all depends on what you want in a Sea Fury kit.

There is a wide range in requirements among modelers.

You can range from a carved wood model which satisfies guys like me, to the most obsessive rivet counter who wants as much accurate detail as possible.

In between you have the modelers who like to have some detail and are quite happy with the detail level and pricing of a $50 Hasegawa kit.

Fisher's expensive resin Sea Fury is selling like hotcakes.

When the less expensive injection molded HC Sea Fury comes out it will certainly outsell the resin model, giving Paul a well deserved rest. Then he can start on his next great model kit.

So, apparently the problem is with the modelers who want the ultimate kit; can they wait until the less expensive HC comes out? <_<

However, it is not a life and death descision. What are we talking about, a $200 kit now VS waiting for a $100 kit to come out?

I am glad I do not have to make that choice.

However, when that Trumpeter 1/32 TBD Devastator finally comes out, watch out and don't get in my way. I guess we all have our weak points. :D

Guys,

Been reading u'er comments and it has gotten me to thinking as to the some kits that could be made as to letting anyone do it the way he or she wants to built it.It would as vac,but within the plastic range of having a basic shape and say a cockpit and wheel wells and etc. and nothing else.One would have to add whatever to it,but like i said.Plastic.

The kits i was thinking about were way back in the early to mid 80's and had so/so items in the box.Revell's A-10 in 48th scale comes to mind here.It was really a basic kit with like any other kit.But was some what generic.And as to the early AURORA kits and that was basic.But some have taken one of those kits way off the scale as to making it a really great work of art.

And if things do get crazy later on in the next two or three years.Companies could or would be making vacs.Then the fun would being as to really being a basic thing.Just some food for thought and not trying to upset anyone.There have been some that are or be leaning toward this.But time will tell.Larry