Nieuport 28

boness

hello all,

It has been a while since I have been here, and have missed having the time to come in and "visit". What little extra time I have has been spent at the bench working on this little project here.

nieuport.jpg

nieuport2.jpg

nieuport3.jpg

This was a very interesting project, I learned alot of new skills (bentwood lamination, carving,working with cast metal...). On a whole this kit was an excellent kit, and cant waite untill I get another to build.As one would figure with this kit, nothing fell together, it took alot of testfitting, and grinding to get it to go together.

I made a few mistakes, but they arent too noticeable. The next will be even better.

The only things I changed from the kit was I covered the fuel tanks in thin brass sheet, scratchbuilt the back of the seat using wire and wood strips, and replaced the thick copper wire on the back of the motor with fine brass wire. I also glued all the control surfaces in place instead of leaving them "moveable". I figured this would be safer for the model in the long run.

well, thank you for looking, any and all comments are welcome.

Jim

What a fantastic build! Tell me, has there been an in progress thread on this Nieuport that I've missed? In any case, please post more pictures, including close-ups if possible, I'd love to see more.

Jean

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi Jim;

A stunning and very inspirational build!! You have done a spectacular job with that, and should be very proud of it. I really admire someone with such incredible modelling skills, who doesn't make a long and drawn out song and dance about it. Having said that though, I would love to see more of the work that went into it. I think that the guys here would love to see that as well. Do you think you would like to submit an article of it for addition to one of the updates?

All the best,

Jay

Thanks all, I will post more pics of the different parts, just gotta take em then i will post them.

John, I think I will do the Jenny next, Maybe I will get lucky and the wife will buy it for my birthday :o

jim

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks all, I will post more pics of the different parts, just gotta take em then i will post them.

John, I think I will do the Jenny next, Maybe I will get lucky and the wife will buy it for my birthday :rolleyes:

jim

Jim,you will enjoy the Jenny.Best kit of its type out there! Cheers,John.