Tamiya F-4J (UK)

gunpowder

Coming along very nicely Gunpowder. I'm building an F-4D as we speak and I'm about half way done sanding away those pesky BDR panels. I was wondering if you could shed some more light on the CE intakes. Degree of difficulty? 1 to 10? I hear the newer sets are light years better than the older offering. It looks as though you've managed very well to get them into place. They look great. Can't wait to see more.

Jerry

You're right the RAF F-4M's and K's were Very different beast fromt he standard F-4's , and as yet there's no way to build one , the fact you can build an RAF F-4(J) pretty well from the Tamiya J kit means they are probably the most modelled Phntom version this side of the pond!

Just in case you missed it: Frank Mitchell built a 1/32 FGR.2 Phantom from Tamiya's F-4J kit: http://www.features02.kitparade.com/fgr2fm_1.htm :)

Charles Metz

I am sooo tempted to try that myself. If i could get a kit cheap enough i would. I would love to do a boscombe down one. Hold on.... i have a f-4d sitting around and the stock f-4J cockpit from this one...Hmmmm :)

Paint is on! I love it! Its barley grey with a light overspray of hellblau. I think it looks spot on. It looks a little brighter in the pics than it does in real life. I cant wait to get this one done now. Its going to be a clean phantom for a change too. I may do a little staining underneath but on the whole i want to keep it nice and fresh!

phantompaint.jpg