21st Century Bf 109F... toy or model? YOU BE THE JUDGE!

one0nine

Without getting too wordy (SURPRISE!), here's a quick shot of my 21st Century Bf 109F after hitting it with Future...

f2_01.jpg

I dropped the flaps because the lower wing was more warped than a John Waters film, and I couldn't straighten that f*$#er out for love or money... so I cut out the internal spar, cut off all the trailing edge bits, straightened them individually, and clamped the snot out of the wing to get it pointed roughly in the right direction. That's one thing I like about these kits right off the bat... there truly is no problem that can't be sorted out with a heavier application of brute force. :lol:

Should have Dullcote on the beast before the Super Bowl, let's hope! :huh:

Lynn

Looks good!! To be honest, the overall outline is better than I thought it would be from looking at the box top.

Let's see... External stiffeners added to the rear fuselage, scribed fuel hatch, cowl scoops removed... I assume (dangerous, I know) that you've added the correct seat and opened the tailwheel well? Anything else F related that you felt needed to be addressed?

D

Guest UMIRESIN

I like it Lynn ! ! I say " model " first of all it is the only F available , though I suspect Hasegawa has plans to change that in the future given thier 109 series of kits . and second as you say there is nothing about these kits that can't be fixed with patience , plus a tad of brute force . I bought 21st centurys Macchi 202 at Wally World for $10.25 out the door , tax n all . I would have gladly paid that just for the beautiful decal sheet alone . it's simply beautiful , and the minor errors such as the too pointy topped razorback bulge etc can be addressed . hope you post some finished pics in the near future .

Should have Dullcote on the beast before the Super Bowl, let's hope!

Awright, the Super Bore...errr...Super Bowl, has come and gone...where's the shots, huh?

Come on tough guy, let's see what you've done, come on, I dare ya... :angry:

And you call yourself a modeler...you're a part-time wannabe hobbyist. :D

It's my birthday, so I can abuse you if I want to!! :D Pffftttt!!!!!

Who loves ya brother?!?!?!?!

Mom was right, you never finish ANYTHING you start... :D

:huh: Your blood pressure up yet? Huh? Mad at me yet? Good, get back to work!! B)

Jeff, the older, wiser, and better-looking brother!!!

PS: You call that a workshop???

Disclaimer: To anyone who's about to get upset with my previous post - Lynn is like a little brother to me, and as the older brother, I reserve the right to kick him in the backside when I feel he deserves it. Besides that, I have a written note from his mother...she always did like me best! :huh:

Note_from_lynns_mom.jpg

Jeff

Bah! I love Lynn like a brother, he's a great modeler, a dear friend (the kind you'd take a bullet for), and an all-around great guy. If he has one fault - he's too nice! Well, that the incident with the women from the mental ward...but hey, bygones are bygones, right bro?

But I still think mom likes me best :lol:

Jeff

Well, that the incident with the women from the mental ward...but hey, bygones are bygones, right bro?

Ass. I **TOLD** you I didn't need rescuing. But noooooo, you had to go on about how I was in "peril" and all that... there was NOTHING wrong with the Castle Anthrax Asylum for Sexually Aggressive Bikini Models, I was doing just fine there by myself.

Yeah, I love ya like a brother, but I STILL haven't forgotten that. :lol:

And for anyone looking in, Jeff and I aren't *really* brothers, but we treat each other like it sometimes... and you're right, sometimes I am too nice... thankfully, I've got you and the rest of the Joisey Boyz to help me change from "Thank you sir, may I have another" to "Get the f*#@ out of here before I unscrew your leg and beat you with it". Don't forget my wife's family still has a connection or two up that way too. :lol:

---------------------

Back to the original point of the post- I finished four (yes, FOUR) more smaller 109s last night, and the decals and washes are done on the big F... I plan to Dullcoat it tonight.

Lynn (still laughing my ass off at Jeff's note above)

Ok, it was too late to start airbrushing Dullcote in the house last night, but it'll happen when I get home this afternoon. Here's the F with all the markings... I just can't quite get used to it. :)

trautloft1.jpg

trautloft2.jpg

I think it'll look better with a good flat coat on it.

Lynn