American Airlines AA2912, Flying down to DC

John1

42 minutes ago, Dope737 said:

That Hi-tech is actually late 80's early '90's tech.  It's still relevant today but it does have it's limits.   

80-90’s tech on the Airbus still seems to be a huge advance over what today’s  737 is rocking. 

21 hours ago, John1 said:

80-90’s tech on the Airbus still seems to be a huge advance over what today’s  737 is rocking. 

Yes and no.  I've flown both.  What makes the "bus" better is it's comfort (larger pit, no yoke, the tray table, and it's a little quieter -- 321Neo is ultra quiet), the ability to troubleshoot and work through non-normal procedures (aka emergencies, and Airbus pit design/methodology.  The 73's Honeywell avionics is much better to me.  Just my opinion though.

1 hour ago, Dope737 said:

Yes and no.  I've flown both.  What makes the "bus" better is it's comfort (larger pit, no yoke, the tray table, and it's a little quieter -- 321Neo is ultra quiet), the ability to troubleshoot and work through non-normal procedures (aka emergencies, and Airbus pit design/methodology.  The 73's Honeywell avionics is much better to me.  Just my opinion though.

Random question - is it easier to transition from the 737 to the 320 or visa versus?   Or it makes no difference?    

1 hour ago, John1 said:

Random question - is it easier to transition from the 737 to the 320 or visa versus?   Or it makes no difference?    

Honestly, it depends on the individual.  Some have a hard to going from Boeing to Airbus and Airbus to Boeing.  Neither are difficult to learn/fly in my opinion.  Large transport category airplanes tend to have similar characteristics such as pitch attitudes during normal cruise flight, can't slowdown and go down at the same time -- "slick airplanes", and maybe a couple of other things.  Once you wrap your head around and buy in to how each manufacturer or company ops specs wants you to operate that airplane, to me, they all operate the same.  

For example, what Boeing calls "RNAV/VNAV", Airbus calls it "Managed NAV and Managed PATH".  Different names and buttons, but both pretty much the same thing.  Just gotta buy in.  PF may have a different view point, but that's my $.02.

Now the BEST airplane I've flown thus far is the 757!  You won't find too many bubbas that would argue against that if they have flown that airplane.  Such a sweet ride for 80's tech!

Edited by Dope737

I do so much miss the cockpit of the bus, but I actually like the way the 73 flies.  Probably has to do with my helo roots...I'm more comfortable stirring the pot than set it and forget it style of the bus.

Pig is used to flying jets with a Nintendo controller so...

The 757 is a pretty bird, would love to get my hands on one.  However, probably not in the cards...those opportunities require pink hair these days.

Timmy!