Testing! 1/32 Kanonenvogel build!

alaninaustria

Now comes the scratch build radiator inlet and outlet flaps. I carved masters from SCULPY, then baked them in the oven, sanded and polished them. Then I made vac formings of them, cut them out, sanded and created these little flaps. The nice thing about vac forming them, is that they are all the same in size etc. The only negative thing is the high temperature slowly attacks the masters :rolleyes:

Anyways, thanks Chris for the link to the Picasa... think I got things sorted :lol:

Enjoy the pics.. next time I will take them on the best setting for higher resolution!

Cheers

Alan

post-4-1136541734.jpg

And something to chew on for the aftermarket guys... Jerry Crandall has already mentioned that EE might release a corrected prop for this bird. I really hope so because the one that comes with the kit has a rather strange contour! Here it is with the 1/32 Hasegawa D-9 prop...

post-4-1136542284.jpg

And the main wing box... this kit has a very strong wing box that brings the inner and outer wing section all together with a well engineered spar. The spar even has slides to accomodate runners that are inside the wing. Rather similiar to the Hasegawa Me 109, but on a smaller scale.

post-4-1136542472.jpg

And the last for today....

Also, another point of interest is that all the surface detail is engraved. This is possibly Hasegawa's best effort to date for rivet detail etc. But the JU 87 had both raised "bulb" rivets and recessed. I can live with it as it is..... I am just damm happy that this mean flying machine is now available in 1/32!!

I will be updating the cockpit pics as soon as I run a Km or two of cables in and around there. Staytuned!

Cheers

Alan

(And I promise that this will be the last grainy set of pics.....)

Thanks to Jay,Chris and the rest of the gang who offeres tips and help to get me rolling..... and now I can't stop posting!!

post-4-1136543206.jpg