Revell 1/32 Heinkel He 111 P-1

Animalmother

Hi all, Just got this monster as a Birthday Gift from my Amazing Wife.

RevellHeinkelHe111P-101.jpg

I must say theres a lot in the box ! about 360 parts I'm told.

RevellHeinkelHe111P-102.jpg

There are a few small problems like wrong part numbers in the instructions and parts that done fit the way the instructions say. But other than that everything is good. I've got the cockpit started and so far its been a breeze.

RevellHeinkelHe111P-103.jpg

I do have a love for Aftermarket parts but on this build I don't think I'm gonna need anything, I have been quite cheeky and downloaded the instructions to the Eduard Big Ed sets. So if I see something I need to add I'll scratch build it.

RevellHeinkelHe111P-104.jpg

Painted and just to add the side panels and weather it.

RevellHeinkelHe111P-106.jpg

RevellHeinkelHe111P-108.jpg

Thats the Cockpit almost finished, I have added a couple of things like a spare detail plate on the control column, the seat belts from lead foil and a few cables from stretched sprue. Next I'll start on the rear compartment.

Andy.

Well its been a busy week off work, wish this was my job. If you want to offer me a job building models let me know PLEEEEEEEEEASE !!!. Anyway I've put the fuselage together and the fit is amazing, a pin head of filler and a light sand and its done.

RevellHeinkelHe111P-112.jpg

Next was the inner wing and Engine section and again the fit is excellent apart from one small panel on the side of the lower radiator on the port wing, there's a small gap I had to fill.

RevellHeinkelHe111P-110.jpg

This pic was taken before I added the radiators.

RevellHeinkelHe111P-111.jpg

I also took the time to hollow out the Exhausts a little more as once the two halves went together the opening was far to small.

RevellHeinkelHe111P-113.jpg

Next was adding the Wings to the engine section and then fixing to the Fuselage and again the fit was suprisingly good no filler needed at all, its that good.

The tape in the picture is just there to keep them from slipping as the wings are by now quite heavy. Next I'll add the Vertical and Horizontal Stabilizers and give all the seams a little sand and then I think I'm ready for paint. More later, Thanks for looking in.

Andy

Quick update guys, the past few days have been taken up with Bombs !! all done now, Decals on, Matted and Weathered.

RevellHeinkelHe111P-115.jpg

Also been working on the Undercarriage, putting Brake/Hydraulic Leads on made from Copper wire.

RevellHeinkelHe111P-114.jpg

Will tidy up the Spring Gaters later when everythink has been added.

Also Sprayed the Stripe onto the Fuselage, only one Hard Edge as I've Feathered it towards the rear.

RevellHeinkelHe111P-116.jpg

Think thats about it for now, more later.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Well this had a few days off so have been cracking on with the build, have completed the painting over the last week and it does take some painting !!

RevellHeinkelHe111P-118.jpg

There's three light coats of each colour and I've painted the strip on the rear fuselage as decal's for strips can be a little touch and go.

RevellHeinkelHe111P-119.jpg

After two coats of Gloss Clear the Decals where added to the wings, Cleared again and then I added some paint chips.

RevellHeinkelHe111P-122.jpg

As for the Control Panel, I had noticed in my reference that all the wires from the dials came around the front of the panel and ran along the roof of the cockpit. So I added all the wires from thin fuse wire and twisted them together and brought them round the front.

RevellHeinkelHe111P-123.jpg

I also used a couple of MG15 barrel sets from Masters, an improvement I'm sure you'd agree.

RevellHeinkelHe111P-124.jpg

So at this point this is where I am, I hope to finish in the next few days. I'll add some more pics then.

Andy.