Wittman D12 "BONZO" 1938 year

Marcin_Matejko

If you ask Scrat about modelling, the answer will always be: Nuts! :popcorn:

For a moment I was thinking about tank ace Michale Wittmans airplane, but I guess, he had no pilot license. Never heard about that kind of racer. Looks like there where a lot of oddities. Trans-continental racing or something else?

Keep on!

- dutik

" Never heard about that kind of racer. Looks like there where a lot of oddities. Trans-continental racing or something else? "

Hi Dutik

This built Racer Steve Wittman. Very interesting and well-known personality of the air races. Bonzo is one of the planes are built and on which they raced.

On this page is somewhat interesting

http://www.airracinghistory.freeola.com/ai...-12%20Bonzo.htm

and

http://www.airracinghistory.freeola.com/PI...%20Whittman.htm

post-19488-1284834788.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Good luck on a wonderful project. Looking forward to following along and enjoying the thread. If you're into flying and been around the block a few times (I'm 62), Steve Wittman is as close to a legend as you get. The EAA holds it's annual Airshow (the largest airshow in the world I believe) at Wittman Regional, Oshkosh, Wis.

Peter

Good luck on a wonderful project. Looking forward to following along and enjoying the thread. If you're into flying and been around the block a few times (I'm 62), Steve Wittman is as close to a legend as you get. The EAA holds it's annual Airshow (the largest airshow in the world I believe) at Wittman Regional, Oshkosh, Wis.

Peter

Thanks Peter, just for you I will try like hell.

Before you can show a picture of this model and say that modelers remember Steve even in Poland.