Hasegawa Me 109 K4

Hi Chris,

As ever...great !!

But ,I have a question.

Did all the planes from that gruppe have the tulip nose?Or is that a personal paintjob for Major Graf ?.

Because I think (?) he used a red nr '1 ' on his planes.

The pic does show a 109 G-5. So I could be wrong about his later planes

BTW,a shop in Holland sells a 32 nd scale swastikasheet(Xtra decal) for 6,95 €+postage

www.lhshop.nl

post-4-1105443381.jpg

Oh... Ähm... was this plane flown by Maj. Graf? ;)

There´s no pilot given in the instructions.

This black 4 has the Wrk.Nr. 332529 with the red tulip. There is another JG 52 plane that you can build, without a number on the fuselage and no Wrk.Nr. , but both planes are from JG52 and both have the red tulip. So i think it´s a unit´s sign.

Perhaps someone know more about that?

Regards

Chris Hannover

Chris and Erwin:

There is no evidence that black 4 (or green 4) was Graf's a/c. He used all sorts of different markings depending on what he commanded, when. The "red 1" (or green 1) has no significance other than that's what he flew with JGr 50 in 1943.

Chris: what is the source of "another" tulip-painted a/c with JG 52, that you mention?

THX

John

Hi Chris,

I'm no 'rivet counter' and i work on the principle that if it looks good and you like it, sod it, it's your shelf it's going to be sitting on. I like it loads.

Sav.

Sav,

Don't get my comments wrong when I pointed out to Chris what I thought on the red tulip.

I'm no rivitcounter too. I just thought that the red tulip was a unique plane only flown by Graf.

I didn't know it was a unit marking

Hello to all.

Chris - nice looking model. You build really fast.

And Wumm is right: Bf-109K "Black 4" is described in JAPO's book on "Bf 109K - camouflage & marking" by Poruba & Mol. This 109K was found on Deutsch Brod airfield in 1945. Authors mention that the second Bf109 with tulip nose was present there also.

I think that probably more information about those 109s may be found in recent book from JAPO: "Messerschmitt Bf 109s of JG52 in Deutsch Brod", but this is only my assumption as I have not seen the book so far.

Tank you all for your interest.

Adam,

i started to build this 109K with my 109 G4 last year in November. The speed results of the fact, that that is my 5th Hasegawa/Revell 109 :lol: No. 6 is in the cupboard :D

Again to all, many thanks for the kind words.

Cheers

Chris Hannover