Guillow 1/12 th British S.E. 5 A

Erwin

Another timely task done(4 hours work last night during worktime :blink: )

Filled the spaces between the ribs with scrapbalsa.

Later it gets a balsasheet covering.

post-4-1112775969.jpg

Added the topwing.

Not the easiest of jobs ,as it has to stay in the correct position untill the glue sets hard.

The landinggear and struts recieved the first coat of woodvarnish.

post-4-1113135770.jpg

Looking good so far! Did you know there are different "types" of balsa, soft, medium, and hard, each has it's own use. After you finish these, you'll be ready for pure scratchbuilding, nothing much differentbthan what you're doing now except you cut the parts out.

Looking good so far!  Did you know there are different "types" of balsa, soft, medium, and hard, each has it's own use.  After you finish these, you'll be ready for pure scratchbuilding, nothing much differentbthan what you're doing now except you cut the parts out.

No I didn't.

I did notice some difference in hardness of the woods in the shop.

Olso the Guillow kits are different.

The recent bigscale ones have harder balsa,and are laser cut.The older one are more fragile.

BTW,I managed to buy two very old ones this week to add to my wooden collection soon.

The Fokker D7 and D8

Olso won a Camel ,Rumpler and Dehavilland on Ebay.

So I got enough to get me going for some months.

Next project is already slightly started.The French Nieuport 11 in Belgian markings.

Again a job witch Ray is doing for me.

Hi,

No progress at all !!

Been lying in the sunshine all day...doing nothing !

Looks like tomorrow will be the same. They give good weather. :)

Well,modeling in a 'winter' hobby.

Erwin,

Just go inside and cover all the window so you can't look out and then turn the heater down real low so it's cold inside--wala--winter again!!!!! Time to finish that bird.

Brian

Great idea ! If only I wouldn't love the sunshine that much.

No progress today too.Much to fine weather.

Altough I did paint my mothers( 71 years) bathroom this morning.

This could count as practicepainting :P

Good thing you don't live in Malta Erwin, you would never get any model done. The sun shines nearly every day so I don;t know what you'd do. Probably you would get sick of it and welcome a dark rainy day like I do. Great stuff you are doing with that balsa. Always been afraid of using wood in models, never tried in fact. But those biplanes look really good. Keep it up and stick to the shade.

The sun shines nearly every day so I don;t know what you'd do.  Probably you would get sick of it and welcome a dark rainy day like I do.

Working with those wood kits is realy great.I have about 8 more to go.Got lucky on Ebay a few times and bought some rare OoP Guillow kits for much less than priced here in Belgium.

So you will be seeing many more WW-1 planes this year.

It's a trange world isn't it ?

You are dying for some rain,and we in Belgium are dying to get some sunshine :D

I will never get tired of good weather. The wife and I plan to move to a warm country when the kids have married and we both stop working.But that's still some 15 years from now :(

Most likely the south of Spain. Unless someone else makes us an offer we can't refuse :D