PE Bending Tool

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Now that I have started using a lot of PE parts, bending and shaping the parts needs to be a lot more accurate then with using my flat needle nose pliers. I am looking at purchasing one of these models and would be appreciate any advice as to which is the best way to go. These models seem to be of the best quality and durability.

Thanks

5SPD1.jpg

4INCHNEW-1.jpg

Edited by Peterpools

I have the one in the second photo (4" hold and fold) and love it! I too used a couple of pairs of pliers before it, and that worked for the most part. But, the precision I can achieve easily with the hold and fold makes it worth every penny IMHO.

Guest Peterpools

Thank you for the information. I was leaning towards the model you are using. Is there on line instructions for it, so I can see how it works before buying?

Thanks again

Peter

yeah i have the 4" one and its amazing. Great tool

i also have the basic rolling set(link) i find really usefull. got them at luckymodels cheapest place including free shipping

Cheers

Neo

Ive got a PE bender but dont use it quite as much as I thought I might...........but I think I just need to quit being so lazy and break it out more........

yeah i have the 4" one and its amazing. Great tool

i also have the basic rolling set(link) i find really usefull. got them at luckymodels cheapest place including free shipping

Cheers

Neo

Now THATs something Ive not seen before...............and to tell you the truth, Im much less worried about my flat bends, than I am about my curved ones. Seems every time I go to put a radius in any little PE parts the part is usually SO small, it just kinks in one spot and I have to keep fiddling with it until it gets curvy.

I may have to invest in one of those considering how much PE I normally use on a build (excluding my current one :rolleyes: )

Thanks Neo :D

I just got myself the smaller 2" Hold & Fold Bug, & it's a fantastic little tool

Makes bending these parts so easy

I can only imagine the 4' version would be fantastic as well, especially for any slightly bigger parts

I just picked up the 4" Mk IV RTH as well as the standard phto etch rolling set from SprueBros. Looking forward to using them. :D

I have another PE bender from another vendor that I really dont use that much as I dont think its that user friendly, and doesnt have as many bending options as the Mk IV from SmallShop. Id rather not say who as they are a great operation, its just this product isnt the best for the job I dont think

Edited by Out2gtcha

Hey Brian if you can afford it the price difference this one is better (the wood rods are too light)

the only thing i way disaponted about mine it that i got it to roll my B-25 PE barel (1/48) but it didnt go small enouph (but it did help alot)

i never work any PE without these 2 tools

Guest Ta152H1

Peter....good choice...Neo's just as goodthough!Don't forget that it's also very useful to bend your own scratchbuilt metal parts;a chart holder for the P-51 would be easy for example;draw with a sharp needle on a piece of 0.05/0.10 aluminum foil the lines you'll bend the metal along and practice...you'll be amazed to discover how easy it is!Further...you can use it to firmly hold a piece of wire or a needle and use it as a template to make your C-shaped cable holders...or to align part to glue/solder...its uses are endless!

Lou

Edited by Ta152H1

Guest Peterpools

Lou

The more I am thinking about it, the better I like the idea. Might just be the first part put through the PE bender, which hopefully will arrive tomorrow.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Received my PE Bending Tool yesterday and used it for the first time this morning.

SWEET! Fantastic quality and a top flight company you order from

Peter