1/32 Spitfire Mk.21/22/24 Wing master patterns...

Derek B

Edgar/Dave,

The wings, when finished, shall be designed to fit the Hasegawa kit. Although Revell are re-releasing the old Matchbox Mk.22/24 kit, these wings shall be much more accurate. Vasko Barbic (Warbirds) has wanted to release these for some time (to go with the rest of his Mk.21/22/24 parts (Griffon engine, tailplanes, wing centre section, low back conversion, etc).

Derek

Derek,

Would like to say that i would be willing to reshape the 61 fuselage for u and help u out as to the forming of said fuselage.Have some ideas and hope that u have not shelved the project.And at the same time.Can possibly do the wings and nacelles to get the 61 closer to a kit.Hope we can do something for all concerned.Larry

Derek,

Would like to say that i would be willing to reshape the 61 fuselage for u and help u out as to the forming of said fuselage.Have some ideas and hope that u have not shelved the project.And at the same time.Can possibly do the wings and nacelles to get the 61 closer to a kit.Hope we can do something for all concerned.Larry

Larry,

Thank you for your very generous offer. The 1/24 Black Widow is only intended to be a one-ff model, and it shall indeed be a precursor to the definitive 1/32 Black Wiodow kit (basically, I can make all of my mistakes on this one in order to avoid doing it on the 1/32 master pattern :blink:). The big Widow is temporarily on hold for now because a), I need to get these patterns out, and <_<, because I am going to make some new fuselage cross section templates, based on the 1/48 Monogram P-61 Black Widow kit (which is pretty accurate). Once done, I shall rework the foam fuselage to the revised shape. These same templates shall also be scaled to 1/32 for the eventual full 1/32 kit.

Cheers

Derek